Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Lenses

I have a Pentax ZX-50 with a SMC Pentax-F 1:4-5.6 35-80MM lens & SMC Pentax-F 1:4.7-5.6 80-200MM lens, I was told that these would work with my new Pentaz K100D. How do I get it to work, because just putting it on the body does not work. Am I missing something? I couldn't find anything in the manual about settings.

10-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kalena Quote
I have a Pentax ZX-50 with a SMC Pentax-F 1:4-5.6 35-80MM lens & SMC Pentax-F 1:4.7-5.6 80-200MM lens, I was told that these would work with my new Pentaz K100D. How do I get it to work, because just putting it on the body does not work. Am I missing something? I couldn't find anything in the manual about settings.
Set the aperture ring to "A" on the lenses. Be sure to push the button on the ring so that the ring turns all the way. And yes, there is a whole section in the manual on compatibility with older lenses.
10-17-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
In the Custom menu, set the camera to allow use of aperture ring.

With the aperture ring set on "A", you then adjust the aperture via the camera body, using the thumb wheel on the back. If in Manual mode, the thumb wheel adjusts shutter speed and you have to press (and hold) the +/- button on top while turning the thumb wheel to adjust aperture. If in Av mode, the thumb wheel adjusts aperture without pressing the +/- button.