Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
(Good) flashlights...

Once I was trying to take a photo of a large plant inside my house but the lighting wasn't good. So I used a maglite flashlight to illuminate it.. It worked pretty well.

Even though I now have a Sigma flash for my camera, if I ever need to, i might use a flashlight again

03-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
(Good) flashlights...

Once I was trying to take a photo of a large plant inside my house but the lighting wasn't good. So I used a maglite flashlight to illuminate it.. It worked pretty well.

Even though I now have a Sigma flash for my camera, if I ever need to, i might use a flashlight again
Splendid advice, but a headlamp is even better. allows one to keep the light on the object you are focusing on while saving the hands for camera operation. also helpful in light painting for pics, and finding your way out of the woods when the sun goes down - it happens, about once a day. its always in my camera bag.
03-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #18
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by volthord Quote
Hello everyone,

I am projecting to practise some indoor shooting. Though I don't want it to be 'that' professionnal looking, I'll probably at some point intent to do 'art'. And my question would be mostly about how to manage lightning : 'normal' lamps (like desk lamps) are a bit crap and tend to add some ugly noise to the picture.

I have not much money and, even if I can afford one (good) flash, I will have to acquire some other means to light the rooms, hopefully white (or near-white) lights, so as to have more sources of light in the pictures.

Also, as I don't have all those umbrella-like tripods and all that, how can I reduce the light of a flash without losing too much of the light and not damaging it ? (this one is probably quite a dumb question).

So, I'm just basically calling for some cheap tricks, hopefully ones that are really cheap or do not cost anything!

Thanks !
Hi, you could also look for AC slaves they are cheap they fit into household power and triggered by your cheap flash,I just picked up 6 of these on bay for $15, look under flash equip.Regards.