Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2007, 02:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Olympus E-3 announced

I guess most of you already know, but for those that don't, E-3 is now officially announced. It has worlds fastest AF (we shall see), buffer for 19 RAW at 5fps, 5 stops worth image stabilization, 10mp ISO 100-3200 sensor etc, etc...

Olympus E-3: Digital Photography Review

10-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Fastest AF is a big call, but so is 5 stops of IS!!!

Time will tell, but good on them for pushing the bounds.
10-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
I guess most of you already know, but for those that don't, E-3 is now officially announced. It has worlds fastest AF (we shall see), buffer for 19 RAW at 5fps, 5 stops worth image stabilization, 10mp ISO 100-3200 sensor etc, etc...

Olympus E-3: Digital Photography Review

Not only that, but live view with a rotating lcd .... Pentax now must really put up a hot camera in Jan.

wll
10-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I hope Pentax will stick to fixed lcd - rotating lcds are fragile and hard to weather seal not to mention the annoyance of opening and closing it each time you take the camera out of bag and back.
I think that C&N stayed avoid rotating lcds with cause.

10-17-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
I hope Pentax will stick to fixed lcd
100% me too!
10-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is another preview for those who don't like that 'other' place.
Imaging-Resource E-3 Preview

It looks pretty good IMO. Everything except the tiny sensor seems like a hit.
10-19-2007, 02:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Here is another preview for those who don't like that 'other' place.
Imaging-Resource E-3 Preview

It looks pretty good IMO. Everything except the tiny sensor seems like a hit.
Price tag also is impressive. Priced higher than Nikon D300... Well, well, honestly -- I doubt E-3 is going to outperform D300.
10-19-2007, 07:16 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Haha this is 4/3rds lol. A standard Kitty can cut up most APS spec. and 35 mill lenses in the digital arena.

oh man that viewfinder is beautiful! So is the chance to x2 on all your lenses haha.

Olympus digital Zuiko lenses are actually fairly consistent across the board cuz of their digital based design which draws light in and concentrates it into a parallel beam out the back which then smacks the sensor at 90 degrees. Which is how they also get much better results on digital sensor than APS or 35mm lenses who tend to face alot of light falloff issues, corner softness mainly cuz those lenses can't hit the corner photosites on a sensor well enough.

Film days this was fine as the chemicals where on the surface but in the digital sensor, these photosites are actually slightly behind under a well and so those ones are harder to light up at and angle. This is why full frame sensors have to employ some vignetting correction before the RAW file.