Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Continuous..

Mainly cause I forget to put it on single But that's because I generally have no problems taking single shots even when it's on continuous (Hi) mode.

It's only when I feel particularly tired or lazy that i might accidentally keep my finger pressed down but still, it's no real problem.

02-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #32

I shoot action and then sometimes stich them together in a video or .gif for fun so high speed continuous for me.

Inside the house or around it I use single shot mode.
02-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i usually keep it on continuous. you can always shoot single while in that mode, but you can't shoot continuous while in single mode. and if i accidentally take an extra picture when i only wanted one, it's not really a big deal.
03-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #34
Veteran Member

^ This. It's not like a memory card costs money/shot after the initial investment.

I also use continuous-Hi for focus bracketing, which is especially useful for MF lenses.

03-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #35
Veteran Member

I usually like slow continuous, it's a pace where I can pick my shots or on rare needed occasions lean on it comfortably. I'm just used to two to 2.5 fps winders, and that's the most like that.
03-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Generally continuous mode.

I see no point to single frame mode unless you are shooting film and afraid of blowing a roll in the camera bag.

Also, I often take a burst of 2-3 shots of key moments, the reason people often blink, or one shot is steadier than the other (very often the case when you fire a burst).
03-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote
I guess AF.C will work for a lot of shooting styles. But it doesn't work with the focus-recompose technique. You need AF.S for that.

Sincerely,
--Anders.

off topic, but it works just fine.

You have to decouple the shutter from the AF.

Once this is done AF.C is all you need UNLESS you are concerned with critical focus because AF.C is always a little less accurate than AF.S locking and holding focus.

That said, I prefer the ability to be able to focus quickly, so unless I'm shooting portraits at a wide aperture or something where keeping my focus point is key, I usually use AF.C and center point.

The camera is also more responsive when you decouple the shutter from the focus.

03-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mountain Vision Quote
You have to decouple the shutter from the AF.

The camera is also more responsive when you decouple the shutter from the focus.
What exactly do you mean, "decouple the shutter from the focus?"
03-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
What exactly do you mean, "decouple the shutter from the focus?"
I've never owned less than the flagship model of DSLR, but on those models there is a custom setting to focus only with the AF button (or two options)

When this is selected half pressing the shutter only activates the meter...not the focus.

I think lower models often had this too, but you pressed another button (ok button on the ist DS series).

Unless shooting portraits (among other things, that just comes to mind immediately) where I am trying to keep criticial foccus on the eyes, I usually just use AF.C and center point with the focus decoupled. Works very well for quickly focusing and shooting.
03-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mountain Vision Quote
I've never owned less than the flagship model of DSLR, but on those models there is a custom setting to focus only with the AF button (or two options)

When this is selected half pressing the shutter only activates the meter...not the focus.

I think lower models often had this too, but you pressed another button (ok button on the ist DS series).

Unless shooting portraits (among other things, that just comes to mind immediately) where I am trying to keep criticial foccus on the eyes, I usually just use AF.C and center point with the focus decoupled. Works very well for quickly focusing and shooting.
I always thought it was weird with my sister setting her focus to be some other button on her Canon...

Now it can make sense to do it