Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

My website is done but I need to find a flash slideshow script...

I make graphics and stuff but I have no knowledge of HTML but thanks to iWeb I built myself a site which IMO looks great, however I am missing a final tool, I'd like to find a sort of slideshow widget which will automatically show my images. I don't want any fancy buttons or enlargement, just the slideshow thing. This way I can display my images without having someone save them with a right click... Thanks, I'd really appreciate any help!

02-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Student Quote
This way I can display my images without having someone save them with a right click...
FYI, you can always save an image file if you know what you're doing, so it's probably not worth it to go with flash just for that. JS solutions such as highslide are much more user-friendly these days.

As far as scripts go, here's an excellent resource: Search Listings

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-24-2011, 04:35 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Adam, I realize it won't stop geeks from finding a way to download the images but it will stop the average person from using them! JS Highslide seems great but not for commercial use unfortunately!
02-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

Do you have Photoshop and its sister program Image Ready?

If so, I can explain in 2 minutes how to do it as an animation.

02-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Student Quote
I realize it won't stop geeks from finding a way to download the images...
I don't think it takes a geek to do a screenshot.

IMHO, the only way to keep them from being stolen is to not put them on the web. Putting photos on the web, in any form, is sort of like leaving dollar bills on your front porch at night and expecting to find them there in the morning.
02-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
Ira
Inactive Account

You're worried about someone stealing your images via a screen shot or downloading a low-res web image?

If that happens, be flattered...don't worry about it...and remember that it can't really be used for print.
02-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ajoe Quote
I don't think it takes a geek to do a screenshot.

IMHO, the only way to keep them from being stolen is to not put them on the web. Putting photos on the web, in any form, is sort of like leaving dollar bills on your front porch at night and expecting to find them there in the morning.
Well said.

It's the wild west there, and unless copying harms your individual efforts, who cares?
02-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

SlideShowPro: Slideshow publishing tools for your web site

They have a plugin for Lightroom as well.