Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Have you even been guilty of FAP?

Don't you just love the way the media choose headlines to incite and elicit emotions and predispositions.
And of course it doesn't stop at the headline, you have to read an article fully to hope to extract any form of balanced view of what it's all about.

That said, I'll leave you to it. I'm sure most here might relate for having shown a little less discretion for the privacy concerns of certain other beings at some time -- we probably need a name and shame list.

Photographing cows or other farm scenery could land you in jail under Senate bill | The Florida Tribune

Also some of the Comments to it are worth a read, esp. the first one.

Obligatory Confession:
Once in my younger days, armed with full 24 roll in the SLR at a zoo, I took a few snaps of a very stately and amorous Lion, in the process of unleashing the full extent of his abundant libido on Ms Lioness in full and uninhibited view of the day's human visitors. Innocent camera obsessed me thought little of it at the time, as young or obsessed people tend to do.

Now to this day I'm bloody positive all the settings and exposure were just right, like all SLR technophiles I was acutely attentive of those matters, and, film + processing wasn't cheap back then as some of you know well. But alas, on receiving the prints back from the lab 2 weeks later, I was most disappointed that those select few were missing!?

Thank diety for Digital I say! No more of that big-brother censorship rubbish by amateurs.
Or, should there be, perhaps...?

Have a nice day.

.R.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Hypocorism; 02-27-2011 at 06:46 AM.
02-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

yes I'm guilty of FAP

Aren't they sexy?
02-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Oh, I thought this was about Fine-Arts Photography, the other FAP -- y'know, boring calendar-quality photos. Whew. I don't do that stuff. No, I'll just go back to FAPping over images of sexy lenses. Especially those naked German and Russian ones, all that bare aluminium, those sculpted curves, ooh ooh... Yeah, presets or GTFO.

[fap fap fap...]
02-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote

yes I'm guilty of FAP

I knew you would be.

Yes they certainly are, titillating...
How's the -5 going Btw? (I see that was taken with the old -20D)

.R. -- Keeping abreast of Smeggy's photographic antics.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 02-27-2011 at 06:49 AM.
02-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Guilty as charged.
I just hang around, taking 'before' images so others can see the awful trampling that walking meat does to such scenery.. yup that's me all right..

02-27-2011, 05:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please remember to keep the conversation on this topic "beef-tongue in cheek" in this forum. If you want to discuss the serious political issues of this bill do so at the https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/political-religious-discussion/134556-onl...a-you-say.html thread on the Politics and Religion forum.