Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Atlanta Pentaxians !!!

On 10-20-09 Pentax_XTC started the Atlanta pentaxian group to get fellow pentaxians together, I don't think it's happened yet. I just wanted to let everybody know a new meet up has started in the Atlanta area. I was hoping maybe some pentaxians could join where there is a formal meet up instead of just saying let's get together. It's for amateurs to professionals and there is no penalty for not participating. Let's try and get the biggest group of Pentaxians together in the states. Max the organizer uses an Olympus camera so you wont get bashed for using a Pentax. Below is the link. Hope to see you there. Jack

ATLsalt Photography (Norcross, GA) - Meetup

I put something under groups but no one has read it there.

03-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #2

Hey Jack, this looks like a really good idea. I've been wondering if there were many other Pentaxians here in ATL. I'm going to follow the MeetUp group site for a couple of weeks, I'm recovering from a pulmonary embolism and I just can't breathe enough to photo-hike at this time, but would LOVE to come on the shoots and attend the meetings when I feel well enough to do so!
Check out my crude website www.chrisblighphotography.shutterfly.com, and let me know if you think I could be of service to the group.
Cheers! Chris
03-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey Chris, I think your pictures are great and you would be a great asset. I'm just spreading the word here to try and get some other Pentax users together. Hope you recover quickly. Jack
03-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Geez -- I sincerely wish that I had more free time to indulge purely in my hobby on weekends, but alas, that is typically family time. Chris -- stunning work -- truly impressive.

Guys -- I have switched systems and will soon begin to liquidate my Pentax gear at very reasonable prices. Since you all are local, and there is virtually NO PLACE HERE that handles Pentax equipment, if you would like to do a weekday evening meetup some time this coming week to play with some lenses and such that you don't have even if you don't want to buy them, let me know. I have a bit of a menagerie.

I'll post a list here to see if there is anything here you guys want to try while it's locally available.

Pentax 18-55 Kit lens
Tamron 28-75/2.8
Pentax FA50/1.4
Pentax DA12-24/f4
Tamron 90/2.8 Macro
Tamron 70-300 "Macro"
Zenitar 16mm/F2.8 Fisheye
Pentax 50mm/f1.7 manual lens
Genuine Pentax Screwmount to K-mount adapter plus a bonus cheap knockoff adapter (use at own risk)
Helios 44-2 58mm/f2 (screwmount)
Carl Zeiss 58mm/f2 (screwmount) - sadly has some fungus inside the front element
Lens spanner wrench with interchangeable tips and Helios 44-2 58mm/f2 (screwmount) parts lens (good optics, stiff focus)
Pentax CS205 cable release
Metz 48 Flash for Pentax
Pentax K10D - Great shape with box, software, cables, charger, etc. & a 4 gig memory card and extra battery
Pentax Battery grip for K10D with infared remote, 4 gig memory card and battery

03-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
KEH is local. I don't mind getting together as long as it's not Wednesday night.

KEH Inc.
4900 Highlands Parkway SE
Smyrna, GA 30082
03-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
Geez -- I sincerely wish that I had more free time to indulge purely in my hobby on weekends, but alas, that is typically family time. Chris -- stunning work -- truly impressive.

Guys -- I have switched systems and will soon begin to liquidate my Pentax gear at very reasonable prices. Since you all are local, and there is virtually NO PLACE HERE that handles Pentax equipment, if you would like to do a weekday evening meetup some time this coming week to play with some lenses and such that you don't have even if you don't want to buy them, let me know. I have a bit of a menagerie.

I'll post a list here to see if there is anything here you guys want to try while it's locally available.

Pentax 18-55 Kit lens
Tamron 28-75/2.8
Pentax FA50/1.4
Pentax DA12-24/f4
Tamron 90/2.8 Macro
Tamron 70-300 "Macro"
Zenitar 16mm/F2.8 Fisheye
Pentax 50mm/f1.7 manual lens
Genuine Pentax Screwmount to K-mount adapter plus a bonus cheap knockoff adapter (use at own risk)
Helios 44-2 58mm/f2 (screwmount)
Carl Zeiss 58mm/f2 (screwmount) - sadly has some fungus inside the front element
Lens spanner wrench with interchangeable tips and Helios 44-2 58mm/f2 (screwmount) parts lens (good optics, stiff focus)
Pentax CS205 cable release
Metz 48 Flash for Pentax
Pentax K10D - Great shape with box, software, cables, charger, etc. & a 4 gig memory card and extra battery
Pentax Battery grip for K10D with infared remote, 4 gig memory card and battery
Aww, you have? You must maintain at least token Pentaxitude.

I don't know if I can make it in town in person, but I could take some of that stuff off your hands. Still don't have a Genuine Pentax adapter, and I could use a spanner wrench, anyway. Let me know when the time comes.
03-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jack Quote
KEH is local. I don't mind getting together as long as it's not Wednesday night.

KEH Inc.
4900 Highlands Parkway SE
Smyrna, GA 30082
OK, I'll amend my statement to refer to new/non-mail-order gear. Or does KEH now have a retail storefront now where you can play with stuff? In the past when I go the the Pentax website & search for retail location in this state, it refers me to online retailers. So, I was just offering an opportunity for fellow locals to check out some stuff that they may not have and that may not be available locally (even from KEH since their stock fluctuates).

I don't have any beefs against Pentax, nor was I being a jerk -- just offering an opportunity to check out stuff that may not be readily available here since we don't live in the shadows of B&H.

Cheers,

Adam

03-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Aww, you have? You must maintain at least token Pentaxitude.

I don't know if I can make it in town in person, but I could take some of that stuff off your hands. Still don't have a Genuine Pentax adapter, and I could use a spanner wrench, anyway. Let me know when the time comes.
I will always have a bit of Pentaxitude, don't you worry.

I'll give you first dibs on those items.
03-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
I will always have a bit of Pentaxitude, don't you worry.

I'll give you first dibs on those items.
Yeah, we should talk about it. A lot of that stuff's interesting to me, limited budget and all, mostly not-big-investment stuff that'd ad up while I've been trying to make the bigger purchases.

Where you switching to, Nikon or something?
03-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I thought KEH was a walk in establishment. I was posting that because that's the only local store I know that has Pentax gear. I know you're trying to sell to local Pentaxians and appreciate the offer. I was hoping that this post might get some Pentax users out so we might be able to get some clout in a local establishment to carry Pentax equipment. Time will tell. PM me when you want to get together.
03-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Yeah, we should talk about it. A lot of that stuff's interesting to me, limited budget and all, mostly not-big-investment stuff that'd ad up while I've been trying to make the bigger purchases.

Where you switching to, Nikon or something?
I'll shoot you a PM later so as not to veer this thread too far off course.
03-06-2011, 05:25 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jack Quote
I thought KEH was a walk in establishment. I was posting that because that's the only local store I know that has Pentax gear. I know you're trying to sell to local Pentaxians and appreciate the offer. I was hoping that this post might get some Pentax users out so we might be able to get some clout in a local establishment to carry Pentax equipment. Time will tell. PM me when you want to get together.
Yeah, unless something has changed, KEH is primarily a used equipment warehouse and repair center. You can pick up your order there, but that's the extent of counter-top luxuries there.

A few years ago, the Wolf camera store chain carried Pentax equipment, but that ended with the bankruptcy proceedings. Now, if you want to drive out to Fry's electronics, you might find a KX or K-7 with no lens and a dead battery cable-tied to a display. The folks at Showcase seem to have 0 interest in the Pentax line which is too bad. They do a TON of business.