Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Need help from Oregonians!

My 16-50 is getting repaired and because it is an odd part that broke, Advanced Camara doesn't have it in stock and needs to get it from Pentax (could take 2-3 weeks). Wouldn't be so much of a problem except that I'm supposed to shoot a wedding on the 17th (next week).

I also don't have my 18-55mm (sold it cause I didn't think I'd need it any more) All I have left is my 50mm f1.7. We do still have my wife's Olympus stuff but we were planning on a 2 photographer approach.

So here's my question, is there any where within 75ish miles of the Portland metro area where I could rent a 16-50? I'd like avoid online rental if possible and I am ok with driving.

I know that my chances are slim but I thought it was worth a shot to ask.

P.S. Pro Photo doesn't rent Pentax glass.

Last edited by lurchlarson; 03-08-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: clarity
03-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #2

I don't know of any place in Portland but there is this place online.
CameraLensRentals.com - Canon, Nikon and Pentax Lens Rentals.
03-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cameralensrentals.com is fantastic. I have used them a number of times and they have always been great.
03-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I've tried, with no luck, to rent Pentax stuff in both Seattle or Portland. I, too have had very good experiences with cameralensrentals.com. Fast shipping is expensive, but their lenses have all been in great condition.

The people at Advance Camera are very helpful. Have you asked them about finding a short zoom?

03-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about a 18-50 f2.8 by sigma? I also have the wr kit lens... but if it's not outside (and who would be crazy enough to have an outdoor wedding in March?!), the sigma would be my choice. I also have the tamron 28-75 f2.8 - a better option if you want to shoot wide open, but of course the wide end isn't so wide.