Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Canoe trip / photo excursion

We are heading into the wilderness of Algonquin Park May 1 - 14th. This is the time of year babies are born, loons, birdsong and colours are most glorious, the peepers and bullfrogs scatter across trails as you walk, new growth is vibrant on the trees, water is high so lots of rapids and small falls to portage around, early spring flowers and marshland plants burst forth, the days are long and the wilderness is still bug-free, meaning it is pre-blackfly and mosquito season.

We have designed the trip so that there is plenty of time to take the canoe out from our campsite, to explore hidden coves, small river tributaries, and also to hike into some old growth forests.

There is 3 of us going so far. We are looking for 1 - 3 more who also love canoes and cameras! Here is a link to our trip:

Opeongo to Lavieille to Opeongo Loop

Not sure I have put this in the right place. But a discussion of the trip from a photographer's point of view would also be welcome. We are taking most of our gear which really adds to the weight on portages, but for us it is an expected carry. We will give up our tetra packs of wine if it means we can fit another pelican case in the canoe!!

Cheers!

03-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
We will give up our tetra packs of wine if it means we can fit another pelican case in the canoe!!
Now THAT's a silly plan. At the end of the day, it's the wine that allows you to justify carryin' all that unnecessary camera stuff around.

H2
03-27-2011, 05:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Of course you are right about that glass of wine by the fire after a very long day. I actually was fibbing about leaving it at home. I have always managed to make room for the tetra wines, and can't imagine that will change. I'll just have to find something else to leave behind!

03-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
I'll just have to find something else to leave behind!
I guess you don't have access to those little packets of "dehydrated wine" then, eh? H2