Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There is No Excuse Not to Enter

I cannot count all of the Photographers that I have heard saying “If only I had a chance to be published in a serious World Renowned Fashion Magazine I would…” Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah! Well, here it is March 25th and the opportunity to BE published in a Highly respected Fashion Magazine is still up for grabs.

I have added the Letter of Confirmation from WestEast Magazine less the cell phone and private e-mail address of the publisher to protect their privacy.

...and finally each winner of the Fashion & Beauty categories will Win a great little compact camera, which they will receive 2 months after the publication of their editorial.

benjamin kanarek blog

03-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks for the heads-up on that.

I mostly work with fetish/alt fashions, but do know a few "mainstream" designers for small lables here in Perth and will give them a yell about putting a shoot together.

Ahhhh bugger - I'm out
- can't be just the one designer and there's only 1 or 2 I know that I could arrange something with in time. Both of those designers are local and sell via internet, definitely nothing available in most major capitol cities around the world.
- should be for a Spring edition and we're in Autumn heading into Winter
- got a book procect due end of April and am away on holidays with the family last week of April, so pretty much out of time before even starting.

Still - great opportunity and something I'll keep an eye on for future comps.

Last edited by Warped; 03-28-2011 at 03:50 AM.
04-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Warped Quote
Thanks for the heads-up on that.

I mostly work with fetish/alt fashions, but do know a few "mainstream" designers for small lables here in Perth and will give them a yell about putting a shoot together.

Ahhhh bugger - I'm out
- can't be just the one designer and there's only 1 or 2 I know that I could arrange something with in time. Both of those designers are local and sell via internet, definitely nothing available in most major capitol cities around the world.
- should be for a Spring edition and we're in Autumn heading into Winter
- got a book procect due end of April and am away on holidays with the family last week of April, so pretty much out of time before even starting.

Still - great opportunity and something I'll keep an eye on for future comps.
Can't win if you don't try.
04-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Warped Quote
I mostly work with fetish/alt fashions...
Fetish you say...

04-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Can't win if you don't try.
Would love to try - but I'm stumped on the conditions for the clothing range to preferrably be from a Spring collection and available in most major capitol cities.

I asked a few peope with small, local labels available worldwide via the internet, but they don't have the time to put something together for me to shoot. I can shuffle things to make myself available to shoot, there are models I know that would be up for it ...... but stuck for clothing which is kind of a shoot-killer!

A chance may fall into my lap this week, but might struggle on the number of items the model can bring with her from the UK.

If this happens again I'll definitely be up for it and now that a few more people know of possible opportunites like this it should be easier next time.

@ RXrenesis8 - Fetish is pretty much all I shoot these days.