Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #1

Feedback on new website.....

I just joined Zenfolio and have spent the last week putting together my first photo website. Zenfolio is pretty cool. Especially for someone like myself who is too busy to put together my own site from scratch.

For those with a few extra moments, I'd greatly appreciate some honest feedback - good, bad, ugly, what could be better,,,etc... I can usually count on this site for good feedback.

Thanks much in advance -

Frank

Site is here - Zenfolio | Frank Harsla Photography

10-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi Frank:

The webpage looks very nice. My only suggestion is to make the text portion a little wider and the thumbnails a column narrower so you don't need to scroll down, but only if you don't plan on adding more than one or two thumbnails in the future.

Perhaps the format is fixed by Zenfolio?

Nice images, too.
10-27-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd agree with SpecialK. Also there are some good shots there. I won't go through them all but i like the cabin at the end of the long lane. Just curious though that you are encouraging people to take the shots for free. Can't you limit the size of the shots or watermark them so you can sell direct to a potential consumer?
10-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for replying - appreciate it much.

Unfortunately, the format is fixed by Zenfolio. There are 3 formatting options - the one I chose (profile on the left/images on the right), profile on the right/images on the left and profile on top/images below. All 3 are fixed and the one I chose is the only one that looked "right" to me. Maybe on a future release, Zenfolio will enable a little more flexibility on image placement....

At this point and time, I'm not looking to sell these images. Maybe down the road but for right now, I'm content with just sharing them.....

Thanks again for taking the time to look and comment.

Last edited by camperguy01; 10-27-2007 at 11:01 PM.
11-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
hi
i liked ur site..... but i think that the navigation could have been a little better......
I used expose to make my album...... its super easy and does everything for you automatically..... look at my album here..... Photos
cheers