Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Mirror Box Design Study

Here is a picture of various mirror boxes from Pentax cameras starting with the Spotmatic and goes to my digital K-m body. Just noting the detail changes over time while seeing how the company maintained the use use of the older lenses on the new D-SLR's. Enjoy!!

04-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
Banned

see that little lip on the inner flange of the m42 mount? thats for the use of the original m37 to m42 adapter. it was on all ‘Asahi Pentax’ screwmount bodies.
04-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
see that little lip on the inner flange of the m42 mount? thats for the use of the original m37 to m42 adapter. it was on all ‘Asahi Pentax’ screwmount bodies.
Thanks for that information. It is nice to know. Just one maybe question? If there is an adaptor to allow the use of 37mm screw mount lenses to the 42mm screw mount lense, can the older 37mm lenses somehow be used on an 42mm adaptor and be placed on to a newer K-mount body? Just wondering.

I started out just doing this study for myself but decided to share it with others on this site. I just pulled all the Pentax cameras I have laying around to produce this little picture story.
04-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by stevbike Quote
Thanks for that information. It is nice to know. Just one maybe question? If there is an adaptor to allow the use of 37mm screw mount lenses to the 42mm screw mount lense, can the older 37mm lenses somehow be used on an 42mm adaptor and be placed on to a newer K-mount body? Just wondering.

I started out just doing this study for myself but decided to share it with others on this site. I just pulled all the Pentax cameras I have laying around to produce this little picture story.
yes, you can screw the m37 adapter into an m42 adapter and then mount the m42 adapter to a kmount camera, if you happen to have any m37 Asahi-Kogaku Takumars. however, the m42 to Kmount adapter doesn’t have the milled lip, so you would loose infinity focus with the adapter. the adapter itself though is very rare.