Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-13-2011, 04:11 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Macro Model Car Picturesl

From 2002 to 2009, I was taking pictures of my rather large model car collection. The bulk of collection itself had to be sold but the pictures remain. These pictures where mostly taken wth my Fuji cameras. I had not bought the Pentax D-SLR in this time frame. Enjoy!!

Pictures by stevbike - Photobucket

04-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Oh, my. I just can't get enough old cars. Thanks!

If I had a time machine, I'd head right to 1955 so I could hear that beautiful M-B 300SLR straight eight in action!

Tim
04-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Dennyma, I'm not sure I get your meaning, but to paraphrase a famous musician: I might be a dreamer, but I'm not alone!

Tim
04-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world can live as one."
--J.Lennon

But I digress. This thread reminds me that someday, I'll need to set up my little photo ministudio out in the living room, and shoot our rather large collection of Native American pottery, baskets, figurines, etc. I shot most of those many years ago with our first P&S but they deserve better. In fact, it was the need/desire to document the collection that drove the purchase of our first P&S.

And THAT brings up the questions: How many here first got a digital camera so that you could record your collection(s) of whatever? Or, who among y'all find that documenting collections is a major justification for owning a camera? Or that recording collections of flat stuff was/is a good justification for buying a copier/scanner? (Those used to be expensive, y'know.) I have a fairly large accumulation of post cards and stamps; I 'shoot' those on the scanner, along with old family photos, appropriately-sized art, maps, etc.

And, what collections do y'all shoot? Stamps, coins, dolls, kit models, weapons, toys, cameras, rocks, artifacts, lint-balls, what? (I'm slowly working on shooting all my cameras and lenses.)

04-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world can live as one."
--J.Lennon

But I digress. This thread reminds me that someday, I'll need to set up my little photo ministudio out in the living room, and shoot our rather large collection of Native American pottery, baskets, figurines, etc. I shot most of those many years ago with our first P&S but they deserve better. In fact, it was the need/desire to document the collection that drove the purchase of our first P&S.

And THAT brings up the questions: How many here first got a digital camera so that you could record your collection(s) of whatever? Or, who among y'all find that documenting collections is a major justification for owning a camera? Or that recording collections of flat stuff was/is a good justification for buying a copier/scanner? (Those used to be expensive, y'know.) I have a fairly large accumulation of post cards and stamps; I 'shoot' those on the scanner, along with old family photos, appropriately-sized art, maps, etc.

And, what collections do y'all shoot? Stamps, coins, dolls, kit models, weapons, toys, cameras, rocks, artifacts, lint-balls, what? (I'm slowly working on shooting all my cameras and lenses.)
The bulk of the cars were sold off. It just gave me the chance record the history of the design car. Posting it gave me the chance showcase it to others to see what is out there. I started picture taking 30 years ago and have records of people and places that are now gone. This is the beauty picture taking. It records the past for future generations to see how we lived.

The fact that you are taking the time to scan, shoot an item that is hard to find so others can use them in their story telling. They may have more info regarding it then you do. The general public gets a chance to see something that otherwise would not know about. In all, a lot of people beneifits from this stuff being shared. As to using your camera to justify it's use, just step back and look at the older pictures taken by others. Without these pictures to document there times, we would not know how it looked. That time would be lost. The other important part of the imaging process in the written word to back images. This will give a sense of location and place to help the viewer get some idea of how the location in question has changed over time. Regardless of the style of picture taking being used (glass plate, dry plate, roll film, digital) in the end it still comes down to some form of image being created for future people to judge what is being presented from their point in time.

We tend to forget that there was a person on the other side behind a camera to record any given scene viewed that had their ideas of what should be seen but over time has been forgotten. I am glad that people take the time to record their views of the world in their day and age so others down the road can at least see what it looked like. That is my reason to carry on using my camera until I feel no farther need to do so.