Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Um, have you named it?

Hi I'm new to the forum and glad I have found this place. I've got a bit of a quirky sense of humor at times and I look forward to sharing in convos.

I have a Pentax K200D and it's about time for me to upgrade soon. I have well over 20,000 shots on 'him'.
Yes, I love my companion, my camera.....
I sometimes call my husband G1 because I'm funny that way. When I bought my camera, since it is my companion when I'm out shooting, I've dubbed it G2. Somedays I would like to switch and call my Camera G1 and hubby G2. (Just kidding!) maybe...

Have you named your camera? Come on, this is the place to fess up!

04-14-2011, 04:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K10 d is just my "baby". And I'm funny about anyone else holding her...
04-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Um yeah. My SPII is Queenie. My FRI is Frankie. My *ist is Izzy.
04-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

LOL! No, I never gave my camera another name than: my camera.

04-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Inactive Account

The K7 was named Melissa. She is in Canada now, don't know if her name has changed. The K5 is Jennifer.

04-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KarenH Quote
LOL! No, I never gave my camera another name than: my camera.
Karen! Come on, it needs a name!
04-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
Mine is he, or sometimes honey, baby or something similar. And I almost never go out without it Although my fiancé and father and everybody else tell me that it will be stolen! Aaah! I just can't handle them He still is my baby!
04-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
Banned

I don’t think I have ever named any of my cameras, or anything for that matter. but my new rangefinder came with a name so I guess ‘she’ is “Bessa”.

04-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote

The K7 was named Melissa. She is in Canada now, don't know if her name has changed. The K5 is Jennifer.

OMG Jeff!!
Explain those names please.

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristyM Quote
Karen! Come on, it needs a name!
Hahaha, I know, but I really can't think of a suitable one. He (why do I think it's a he, btw?) is my friend, I'm naked without it, but a name.... nope, sorry.
04-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristyM Quote
Hi I'm new to the forum and glad I have found this place. I've got a bit of a quirky sense of humor at times and I look forward to sharing in convos.

I have a Pentax K200D and it's about time for me to upgrade soon. I have well over 20,000 shots on 'him'.
Yes, I love my companion, my camera.....
I sometimes call my husband G1 because I'm funny that way. When I bought my camera, since it is my companion when I'm out shooting, I've dubbed it G2. Somedays I would like to switch and call my Camera G1 and hubby G2. (Just kidding!) maybe...

Have you named your camera? Come on, this is the place to fess up!
No, I have never named my cameras (easier to get rid of them later, that way), however, there have been plenty of names I've called them (like when I got my first K-5 and discovered the stains!!!). No, no names - I think I'll keep it that way.
04-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I talk to the 645D and it is definitely a 'she', but as for a name ... it's just "The Beast".
04-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
Inactive Account

OMG Jeff!!
Explain those names please.
You know me well enough by now. There is no explanation for most of what I do. It just happens. I guess you can think of it this way.. As long as I treat them right, they give me what I want. If I mistreat them, they can make my (photo) life a living hell .. All of my guitars have names too. I think you've seen Bettie before..

04-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
You know me well enough by now. There is no explanation for most of what I do. It just happens. I guess you can think of it this way.. As long as I treat them right, they give me what I want. If I mistreat them, they can make my (photo) life a living hell .. All of my guitars have names too. I think you've seen Bettie before..

Ah, that's too bad, I thought there would be a deep, interesting story behind the names
04-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Ok, the names I have chosen for my cameras are pretty (extremely) geeky, so pardon me if you don't get the reference.

My K10D is 'Decade'. When using DA40 + grip it does really look like a Rider belt

My K-x white is 'Joker'. Using a black lens it looks like Fangjoker

I did name my K100D when I got her but it didn't really stick, lol. My friends used to call her my wife / girlfriend though.

My film cameras never got a name, perhaps because I keep thinking that they're just temporary :x

Last edited by Andi Lo; 04-15-2011 at 09:38 PM.
04-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Ah, that's too bad, I thought there would be a deep, interesting story behind the names
Nope. Those names are better forgotten. Some of them are why I have a dog instead of a wife. 'nuff said.