Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Long Term Photo Project

In 2009, I found out about Blacks photo book. It is called "little Blacks book". Many other web sites offer the same idea. It got me thinking about looking at editing and making a book for myself. I picked out the 200 page version as my starting point. From there, I started a four month exploration of my many pictures I had taken for 1981 to 2009. It took a lot of work to edit down what I had but ended up with great looking reflection into my past in one easy to view product.

I ended up using a lot of different methods to help get the pictures I neeed into digital form. The use of a Canan scanner that had film scanning abilty, my slide copier, a number of flat bed scanners, and older safed digital files saved on CD's and DVD's helped give me the images used in the final book. These one off type books are a great way present any type of photos you have taken over time. It also gave great insight into the various methods of reproducing old photos and getting them into the digital age.

It got me thinking about where I have explored in the way of picture taking and the themes that came up. It was great to look at older pictures not seen in years. I included on picture I took in 1973 while I was in public school. The camera used back then was a simple but effective Kodak X-15. The funny thing is the "look " of the picture taken at the ripe old age of 11 helped shape my future efforts. It gave me a good overview of where I was going over time. It has helped me out with my newer pictures I have taken. A picture I took in 2006 had the "same" sort of feel as my 1973 picture.

To some degree, it has given me some ideas to revisit old locations and see them as they look now. I have seen this theme in past/ present picture type I placed in the book and they worked out rather well.

The only real drawback is it shows just how long I have I have been at this thing called photograghy (and just how old I have become!)lol.

How many others have tried to do anything like this?