Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Servicing Your Toy

Being a keen Fisherman i get just as much pleasure on a rainy /windy day at home stripping my reels back and giving them a good cleanup and regrease or oil and back together again as much as i get out of using them and i have reels that go that far back can hardly remember the purchase year let alone date lol..
Now would be nice to have the knowledge n tools to do the same with ye ole camera but think it would be a HUGE mistake to tinker that far..
Infact apart from cleaning the lens filter and a brush n dust its about as far as i dare go unless i get some dust on the senser(Which annoys the bejazuz out of me) and then off with the lens and blow/wipe n wipe some more till itsgone..
Do you have a service /cleaning routine that you reguly get into and how far do you dare go without the fear of "OH OH!!"..
Cheers and will be interesting to hear others viewes...

11-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
PS..If one were to Service their camera once a year, say with a recommended service agentpentax or whomever , How much further would they go servicing your Camera if there wer no fault or e ven dust sitting on the sensor???..
Would they strip n clean, dust lube or whatever for the service???..
And is it neccesary??..
11-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought my DS in Feb 2005. Other than wiping it down occasionally and giving it a good going over (inside & out) with the rocket blower, thats about it.

The only exception to this was more recently when I noticed a tiny little bit of surface rust on some external screw heads which I was able to rub off with a little Inox and paper towel....we live across the road from the beach, so not un-expected as anything metal takes a belting here.
Cheers.