Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How to setup for big church hall?

Hey folks,

I'm just doing some mental preparation before shooting for my friend's wedding. As she knows I'm a complete amateur, and since I'm doing it simply as a favor (for free, as their wedding gift), there is not as much pressure for me.

My main concern is not being able to use bounce flash. As the church roof is very high, I'm thinking I might have to resort to using only low light shooting or lumiquest pocket bouncer. However, the pocket bouncer appears to be meant for short range (and I don't want to shove my camera in the bride/groom's faces!). Bounce flashing creates some really really awesome photos, so I would love to somehow get this in there.

So I'm wondering how to setup properly to take some decent shots without becoming a distraction, and without losing too many photos to the low light of the church.

Thanks in advance!

11-05-2007, 05:22 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would suggest that you go to the church, and talk to the priest/minister before hand to ask what would be considered acceptable, in terms of use of flahs, where you can stand, what shots he typically allows th ephotographer to take, etc. Also you should see if he will set the lights in the church as they will be during the service, so you can check out the lighting.

You should then go to the rehersal, just so you get an idea of what the sequence of events will be. plus take trial shots