Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
Inactive Account

"Bogen 22A Special" Enlarger question. Anyone know much about them?

Hey folks, I recently got a print enlarger from ebay. Its a Bogen 22A Special... Does anyone know what lens will work on these... Anybody used to use, or still use one of these enlargers...? anything I should know? I wasnt sure where to post this so I figured everything else would work lol.... I know its quite a few folks on here that are film shooters and have worked in, or still work in the darkroom... Thanks for any help!

:Edit: Also..... anyone know what size contrast filters these units used?

::Note to Mods:: Please forgive me for the double post. I reposted this in the Film SLR forum in hopes it would get more views from people who may know more about the subject. Feel free to delete this post.

Last edited by pentaxbling; 11-07-2007 at 10:12 PM.
01-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxbling Quote
Hey folks, I recently got a print enlarger from ebay. Its a Bogen 22A Special... Does anyone know what lens will work on these... Anybody used to use, or still use one of these enlargers...? anything I should know? I wasnt sure where to post this so I figured everything else would work lol.... I know its quite a few folks on here that are film shooters and have worked in, or still work in the darkroom... Thanks for any help!

:Edit: Also..... anyone know what size contrast filters these units used?

::Note to Mods:: Please forgive me for the double post. I reposted this in the Film SLR forum in hopes it would get more views from people who may know more about the subject. Feel free to delete this post.
Yes I have one 50mm

Dave
01-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Most enlargers are M39 thread if I recall, although I beleive some used a proprietary mount.

Contrast filters are available as large sheets which are simply cut to size to fit in the filter tray. My Durst enlarger uses filters about 70mm square.

If you need a lens to test it with, and you're in Australia, I'm happy to lend you my spare Rodenstock 50mm F4 for the cost of me posting it to you, and back.

edit:
50mm is the usual length for 35mm film, medium format I believe needs an 80mm lens? (I've not developed medium format, so can't say for sure)