Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank You all. I have so much running through my brain right now. Like all the what ifs. I've been so excited i couldn't sleep last night. work is going to be a real B***h today. but I think the high will carry me through. I don't know If I will be able to get a copy or not since it's a subscription mag, but I would really love some copies.
I can't believe this high. Hell it's better then Pot. The lady I shot for is in the same condition. were both so very excited.
Thanks again to everyone for the responses. Keep me in your prayers and I hope to hear more in the next few days.
Pentax K100D gets the most credit I couldn't have done it with out that camera. My thanks also to ED Z from here on the forum for making it possible to own the camera. Your baby did real good Ed.

11-08-2007, 02:49 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I'm sure if you contact the publisher directly they will be glad to make a special accommodation for you. Remember, it's a new magazine and they're just as thrilled about it as you are.
11-08-2007, 04:33 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Way to go David - CONGRATS buddy.
11-08-2007, 05:59 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Congats Dave. Way to go!! Don't forget to get lots of copies for all your friends and relatives.

your first published photo is always exciting. I get published so seldom, it's still exciting. Keep it up, and post it here when your allowed to.

11-08-2007, 06:12 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I'm sure if you contact the publisher directly they will be glad to make a special accommodation for you. Remember, it's a new magazine and they're just as thrilled about it as you are.

True! If you didn't charge for the pics, the least the magazine can do is give you a few copies. That's pretty standard, so you wouldn't be out of line to request it.
11-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you all for sharing my joy. I really had a hard time focusing at work today. I'm lucky I can put my hood down and just get lost in my thoughts for awhile. I didn't get much sleep last night but I think I'll make up for that tonight. I'm toasted. I will contact the publisher the day the magazine comes out and ask if I might get a few copies. In fact I know my friend is going to call her tomorrow anyway and she said she would ask for me. I'm still on cloud 9.
Thank you all for the support and I thank each member of the forum for all their help and support in the past. I think I'll take my wife's advice and not let it go to my head. But it will look good on a resume.
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Congratulations, That is great
Can't wait to see the picture
And usually when your picture gets printed, especially for free, they will give you a few copies. I got 2 copies when mine went in the paper...Mind you I wasn't on the cover Congrats man, great job

11-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Whoa! David! Congratulations!

That's fantastic. Hope you get quite a few copies as keepsakes!
11-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #24
Inactive Account

Original Poster
OK I just got permission to post one of the photos that will be used. i don't know if it will be on the cove but I know it will be in the feature article. Here it is.

and remember I can no longer make any changes.
11-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #25
Veteran Member

David, congrats, this is the best news I've heard all day! (My day was utter crap today, I'm glad someone is having a good time!)

Nothing quite beats that feeling when you first get published. Enjoy!
11-10-2007, 06:55 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations David. WTG! Keep up the good work. And Mike Cash's idea of a copy for your mom is a good one

NaCl(and it gives hope for the rest of us!)H2O
11-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Dan, Salty,
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts, I'm still floating, but priorities have gotten back in line. I have also made a decision to submit some of my Long Wood Garden shots to a few other magazines too. (Can't hurt Right?) My wife and I were down to the gardens again today and I will be posting some shots tomorrow. One of these days I might find work in photography (I'm looking very hard but living in this area there aren't many jobs open. But I'll keep trying.

Thanks again to all I'll let you know when the magazine comes out.
11-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #28
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Dave, That's really fantastic news. Looking forward to seeing the cover. It's really great to hear that you are getting this recognition and a great chance to build a portfolio. Many congrats!!!!!