Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't use flickr, so correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't believe you can batch tag on flickr either. You would have to use a desktop program and upload the already tagged images to flickr just as you would for picasa.

06-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #17
Veteran Member

The desktop software - picasa is actually quite good for what it does. And for being free. It handles my 1.2 tb photo directory without any lag and allows me to search quickly. I tried adobe lightroom to organize it, but it kept crashing while trying to load up my photo library.
06-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
I don't use flickr, so correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't believe you can batch tag on flickr either. You would have to use a desktop program and upload the already tagged images to flickr just as you would for picasa.
you can. "organize & create", then dump the images you want to batch tag then click "add tags" - easy as pie. but not so in picasaweb
06-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I almost stopped updating Flickr and Picasa after Facebook started supporting high res images.

06-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
I almost stopped updating Flickr and Picasa after Facebook started supporting high res images.
i will never post high res images on facebook simply because of their tos when it comes to anything you post on there.
06-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #21
Pentaxian

This was posted here yesterday but I'm reposting it because of the nature of the comments regarding facebook's TOS:

Who Really Owns Your Photos On Social Sites? | Virtual Photography Studio - Resources for photographers

06-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #22
Forum Member

I use Picasa Web personally to share pictures I take of my daughters sports. The only reason I picked it over other sites is people can download the full version of the image, not just the "web sized" version.

So far I enjoy using it, and the only thing I would like added is image subfolders so I can categorize my images better.
06-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #23

Just a heads up. For those using PicasaWeb for their photos but are having trouble staying under the 1Gb limit, here's a little known fact tucked away in the Help/FAQ pages:

"Photos smaller than (or equal to) 800x800 pixels and videos less than (or equal to) 15 minutes long do not count towards this limit."
Free storage limits - Picasa Help

I often share with friends and family at 800px and let them know if they want anything bigger, I'm happy to send it to them.

On a note related to the tangent this thread has taken, I use both Flickr and PicasaWeb and also strongly dislike the "clicks" on flickr. Explore often has terrible (but popular) content. But without the groups and the like PicasaWeb will never approach anything like flickr.

~ Joe

07-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JoeGray Quote
"Photos smaller than (or equal to) 800x800 pixels and videos less than (or equal to) 15 minutes long do not count towards this limit."
that's awesome thanks for the heads up. i don't think i'll ever reach the 1gb limit than, all my images are no wider or taller than 640px

one other thing i found cool about picasa, you can add analytics and get tracking for your images - that's pretty neat
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #25

It will be interesting to see how the service changes with the new Google+ development.
07-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might want to check out the Terms of Service and what you are granting to Google, by possibly using their services...
09-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Topic a little dead, but recently just installed Picasa after a format, and realized you can sync your albums with Picasaweb and do batch keywording from inside Picasa - sweeeeet
11-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JoeGray Quote
They've changed this for G+ users apparently.

QuoteQuote:
If you've signed up for Google+

Photos up to 2048x2048 pixels and videos up to 15 minutes won't count towards your free storage.
11-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One problem I have with Picasaweb, is that is not using the correct timezone for my uploads. It knows I'm in Sunnybank, Brisbane and shows it on the map in my profile, but it ignores this time zone when I add a new album and shows the album date as the previous day, so I have to edit the album properties afterwards.

I use Picaweb mainly for sharing junior soccer photos (typically 1500x1000 - I resize and sharpen off-line and upload using the "original size" option so they don't get re-compressed or resized) with parents from both teams after a match (I hand out slips with the address at matches). I've got 21 GB storage. I'm going to try out Google+, but I'm not into the social stuff.

Have you noticed that you don't see your username in the URL anymore, although you can still access it using the original URL?

https://picasaweb.google.com/110304554160411023759

Dan

Last edited by dosdan; 11-24-2011 at 09:39 PM.