Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2012, 03:04 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Bumping this thread up since it's got good discussion to it.

I managed to get a price match on a Sigma lens today through CR Kennedy. They matched the price with postage attached. And, the guy said it should arrive at my place on Monday (annoyingly, I'll be away from home next week thanks to work!). So things seem to have changed. He also did say I could pick up the lens directly from them at Mascot but circumstances prevented me from doing so.

I asked him that the CR Kennedy website implied that they could get me the lens through a store instead, but he said the price would then have to be recalculated for the stores commission fee which would've made it something like $100 dearer. So I dont mind the long wait before I get my hands on it, heh. (That $100 "saved" ended up going into a Manfrotto 680B, hah).

Hopefully this will entice people to look around and get some good deals on Sigma lenses. Doing it this way gives you a 2 year local warranty - can't go wrong with that!
CRK is not allowed to sell directly to the public as far as I know. My local rep matched a Sigma zoom for me but said I'd have to pick it up from a store here. I ended up buying a Pentax zoom on eBay though and never went through with it.

05-03-2012, 04:16 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought my K7 from a Hong Kong based ebay store, about a year ago, for about $150 more than a K-r in the local shop. It was a deal too good to miss, especially as the same shop quoted me $1400 for the K7. (I bought it for $875, I think). I'd be a bit wary of buying a K5 from overseas, given the number of reported problems with them.
My Sigma 17-70 came from DCW in Sydney, for a competitive price. I recommend those guys.

Regards
05-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You would have been better off buying that K-r