Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
Dang ! same here, thought it was just me.
Thanks for this thread, I feel better already.
Maybe we need a support group.....

There are days when she will come in with a camera full of shots I would kill for, then review them on the computer so fast and throw out most leaving such exquisite keepers that I find myself wanting to dumpster-dive her compys trashcan...
sometimes her trash is better then my "good" shots

06-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There's no artistic talent in my family, nada, zip. The rest of my family they look at me like I am nuts when I pick up a paint brush, my digital pad, a camera. Whether it's sewing up a new couture style dress for a Barbie or standing outside trying to catch some interesting fading light behind a bike neighbor's porch I'm always doing something "artsy fartsy" as they often say. The composition part not so hard, the technical execution, that's the harder part for me, always has been. I can "see" things artistically, creatively, no problem, but getting what's in the head into a design, drawing, or photograph that's a lot harder for me and I tend to get very frustrated actually when I have a good idea of what I want and I just can't quite get it to manifest physically. Camera makes it a bit easier than paint, but still, sometimes it just doesn't translate well for me and that's hard.

This photo I took earlier this year is a prime example of me seeing something I didn't quite get into the picture. It's not totally horrible but it could be far better. I think you kind of get what I was seeing, maybe? But this nowhere near what I actually "saw" when I looked over there at the light just then. It was all dark shadows and golden light. It was almost like an old Victorian shadow portrait on aging paper. I've been playing with it for a while and I'm just not quite happy with it, probably never will be, I guess.

Last edited by magkelly; 06-06-2011 at 11:28 PM.
06-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interesting thread. I'd never call myself an artistic type, but I am a visual person. When I used to write poetry, it was usually full of imagery, or about things I had seen. I haven't been able to write poetry for years and now photography has taken it's place I guess. I like my photographs to tell a story, otherwise I don't find them very interesting.
06-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #19
Banned

Photos: Albums
If you work hard enough, one day you'll be a natural.

06-09-2011, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
If you work hard enough, one day you'll be a natural.
EXACTLY! I would have liked it, but I appear to have liked too many of your posts already, :-)