Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-03-2011, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeatzee's macros recognized?

mikemoatsblog.com

Long story short, someone here linked to his macro forum in a thread. I clicked on it, and naturally joined (always up for a good macro forum). I noticed he had a macro competition so heck I entered. Sure enough, I won first place with this image:

I got this incredible program called viveza 2 (def. recommend). After winning the competition he contacted me and asked if he could question me for an "interview" on his blog Of course I accepted, and there it is. Pretty cool huh!

06-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

How cool is that?
Congrats!!!
It's a great shot, amazing light and colours.
06-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congrats Tanner! That is a really cool image. Very unique. I have Viveza 2 also and agree that it's pretty awesome. Pretty much all the Nik stuff is good.
06-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrats Tanner.
You deserve it, your macros are always superb!

06-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
Site Supporter

+1

very nice
06-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
Banned

Photos: Albums
I remember that shot with the eggs showing in the abdomen from your photostream - that is a hard shot to beat in a competition

Congratulations!
06-04-2011, 02:02 AM   #7
wjt
Veteran Member

Congratulations mate, I always love seeing your shots and am happy for you got some recognition. Well done.

06-04-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well done Tanner. Well deserved, and I know you'll go a lot further if you keep it up.
06-04-2011, 04:52 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent job and well deserved. You have worked really hard to get your images up to a very high quality level. Keep up the good work!
06-04-2011, 05:54 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Congrats! You've made your PF family proud!
06-04-2011, 06:02 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Congrats! Maybe you should join the PF Pentaxin club as well

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KarenH Quote
How cool is that?
Congrats!!!
It's a great shot, amazing light and colours.
Yes, very cool indeed. Thanks karen

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Congrats Tanner! That is a really cool image. Very unique. I have Viveza 2 also and agree that it's pretty awesome. Pretty much all the Nik stuff is good.
Yeah I hope to own some other nik programs someday, as viveza 2 has quite literally saved a few of my favorite macro images including my most recent one of the fly.

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Congrats Tanner.
You deserve it, your macros are always superb!
Thank you swift.

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
+1

very nice
Thanks Deimos

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
I remember that shot with the eggs showing in the abdomen from your photostream - that is a hard shot to beat in a competition

Congratulations!
It even beat out my jumping spider closeup! Phidippus Audax | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks
06-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congrats! Maybe you should join the PF Pentaxin club as well
by pentaxian club you mean? donate again since it expired? It says pentaxian under my username (just realized that)
Im actually in debt $10 to my parents for purchasing that pentax bellows

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Congrats! You've made your PF family proud!
thanks causey

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Excellent job and well deserved. You have worked really hard to get your images up to a very high quality level. Keep up the good work!
Many long hours put into the images, lots of experimenting and trial and error, etc. Thanks its nice for people to recognize that work

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Well done Tanner. Well deserved, and I know you'll go a lot further if you keep it up.
Thanks ash. Thats the plan

QuoteOriginally posted by wjt Quote
Congratulations mate, I always love seeing your shots and am happy for you got some recognition. Well done.
Thanks wjt!
06-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #14

Tanner,
Your macro work is just spectacular!! I'm very new to photography and still learning about all I can do. Your macro work is the extreme close up that I would really like to accomplish! I'm just not satisfied with the macro lens with a 1:1 ratio. I had no idea about "stacking" until I saw your images and read the interview. Now I have an idea of what needs to be done to achieve the fine detail that I'm seeking. Thank you for sharing and being an inspiration to all of us! And congrats on winning the contest...you truly deserve it!
06-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Tanner, you are a Legend and inspiration.!

Just spent the afternoon in my workshop trying to build a linear stage.
Got real close then needed to turn a part on my lathe and...

looked at the lathe (model makers so very small and microns adjustments) and went ...
yeah, it's a stage right there... oh boy!

I read and admire all your posts and your descriptions of technique have caused several enlightened moments here..!!

( like I realised that my stacks just did not work because I was stopping down too far when I did not need too. )

Thanks for your ongoing contributions to the forum and big ups for your recent win..!

cheers, Bob