Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Batteries !!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone using AA batteries on their camera should know about this. Panasonic Oxiride batteries, designed with the digital camera in mind. I tried every brand of disposable alkaline battery, fooled around with several makes of rechargables, until I found the Panasonic Oxiride battery. It was like the clouds parted and the sun shone through....... These batteries deliver 2.4x as many pictures compared to regular alkaline batteries. The great news is that they basically cost the same price (unlike the over priced Duracel Ultra - and yes the Panasonic Oxiride battery kicks its butt too). The battery offers an initial volatge threshold of 1.7 VDC (normal AA batteries off 1.5 VDC, and recharables 1.25 - which is just slightly above the point where your camera thinks that battery is exhausted).
I could not believe how fast my flash charges up and is ready for its next shot.

Just wanted to pass on the word.

Spyglass

11-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the info Spyglass,
it's flash animation, but here's the link.

Rechargeables treat me good, so I'm sticking to what I have.
Although I understand that not everyone has the same luck that I do, so an alternative is always nice.
11-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I'm guessing these are similar to the Lithium batteries offered by Energizer? I've used the e2 Lithiums and can get close to 2000 shots out of them in my DL - I don't like using thing because they get thrown away, but they are nice to have in a pinch.

The hybrid rechargables are my preferred power source now - Rayovac and Eneloop

Thanks for the info on another alternative - always good to have choices...