Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2011, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I shall use the immense power of the cosmos to find out.

Tails.

So, no they won't make a K-EVIL.

06-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
I doubt we will see a K-EVIL, Pentax could have made a killing if it brought out a APS-C EVIL with K Mount, the LIMITED Lenses would have been perfect for it. :ugh:
These are my feelings, as well. It's just so obvious that this is path that Pentax should pursue. If it ends up having to be a little bigger body than the other EVILs, so be it. Even something the size of the Leica M9 would be fine with me, as long as it is something similarly elegant. In fact, the whole concept of a "poor man's M9" is a pretty marketable one. They are sitting on the most delectable line-up of lenses that any EVIL could hope to offer, they just have to design the smallest body they can to use 'em. I guarantee you they'd have trouble meeting demand.
06-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
These are my feelings, as well. It's just so obvious that this is path that Pentax should pursue. If it ends up having to be a little bigger body than the other EVILs, so be it. Even something the size of the Leica M9 would be fine with me, as long as it is something similarly elegant. In fact, the whole concept of a "poor man's M9" is a pretty marketable one. They are sitting on the most delectable line-up of lenses that any EVIL could hope to offer, they just have to design the smallest body they can to use 'em. I guarantee you they'd have trouble meeting demand.
If it was packing an APS-C sized sensor, I would buy one without hesitation.
06-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
If it was packing an APS-C sized sensor, I would buy one without hesitation.
Oh, yeah, I assumed that was a given.

06-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Oh, yeah, I assumed that was a given.
I should qualify that a bit: an APS-C sized sensor with K-5-esque DR and high ISO performance (or hey, better).

Cross-compatibility with K-mount lenses would also be appreciated, naturally. They could use this to replace the K-m/K-x/K-r line, even if they develop a new series of lenses, so long as there's an adapter that supports the K-mounts. Ah, one can dream.
06-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
I think same as Fujifilm's X100
23mm f/2 on APSc sensor in a gorgeous body with manual controls. I think the Fuji is worth every cent, so much so I might buy one. I'd prefer a K-mount evil, but that hope is fading fast.
06-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
[predictable comment]

No M42 = Not Interested

[/predictable comment]

06-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
Not so much, everybody is crying about the pricing of the Q, but when comparing to the pricing of a Ricoh GXR or a Canon G12, the difference is less ridiculous. Plus when the gadget novelty will fade out, I guess Pentax will lower the price.

Street price is most likel to be signicantly cheaper.
MSRP for the K-R is $850 if that provides any guidance to where the street price for the Q will fall.

An APS-C MILC with either native K-Mount or adapter would be nice. But while we are dreaming, I will assume that the K-Mount MILC will be FF.
06-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #24
Banned

If there is going to be a MILC around a larger sensor, I expect it will be a K-mount. I can't imagine introducing a new mount and calling it J.
06-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
If there is going to be a MILC around a larger sensor, I expect it will be a K-mount. I can't imagine introducing a new mount and calling it J.
They would have to do a new mount because the registration disance of k-mount lenses is far too long to be suitable as the native format on a MILC.
06-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #26
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
They would have to do a new mount because the registration disance of k-mount lenses is far too long to be suitable as the native format on a MILC.
They could change the registration without changing the physical mount. The adapter could just be an extension tube. The aperture flange might need to be shorter on native lenses for the shorter registration mount.

The problem is that I don't see them coming with an entirely new mount after announcing the Q mount. A J mount would be third rate and I'd expect the names to follow sensor sizes.
06-28-2011, 02:12 AM   #27
juu
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
They could change the registration without changing the physical mount. The adapter could just be an extension tube.
A great recipe for a lot of consumer confusion.
06-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #28
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by juu Quote
A great recipe for a lot of consumer confusion.
Not more than that raised by partial backward compatibility. I have seen many people confused about how to use M42 lenses or K lenses on modern bodies.

But if it is unlikely for Pentax to reuse the K mount and it is also unlikely for them to introduce a new mount, the conclusion can only be that we'll probably see no MILC with a larger sensor from Pentax in the near future.