Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2011, 05:40 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love photography because it forces me to connect with the world around me and appreciate its beauty.

06-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Because when I was a little kid my father and my uncle didn't let me in to their darkroom, even though I continuously kicked the door of the weird looking, weird smelling room with mysterious lights, to do so they both carved a deep niche in my subconscious. Yes! this is the fact.

Addendum: Oh another thing is when I grow up a little bit, when I get bored in the summers, I used the read their Popular Photography magazines and Annuals collection which began from 1955.
06-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #33
Veteran Member

How come no one said, "love to be chased by furious strangers?" LOL
06-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #34
Veteran Member

I enjoy the creative process. A lot of people don't pay attention to the world around them. They don't see the potential, the beauty, or even understand how change their prospective. When someone looks at an image and they have that "wow" look on their face I know why I love photography.

06-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #35

Distraction, Relax and Memories.
06-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Discovery

I think back to when I first got into photography and how cool a film developing kit looked in a catalog when I was about 11 or 12. It was easy to convince my father to buy it for me. I started developing my own 620 film taken with a Kodak bellows camera that I bought at a garage sale for something like 50 cents. The negatives were already pretty large so I just did contact prints for a long time. Later, my dad's friend gave me an old Bogen enlarger and the true experimentation began.

I had a long narrow dark room that was also a wine cellar. I set the enlarger to shine the whole length of the room. Then I started to blow up portions of images so that they were almost unrecognizable. Somehow I fixated on fish heads and fish eyes since my friends and I would go fishing practically every day in the summers. I would always document the catches. It felt very scientific to me. I remember giving my friends pictures of their catches along with the blow ups. Everyone thought it was pretty cool.

Now days things are much different. I am returning to SLR photography after many years of hiatus. I see the point about digital photography being more removed from the art of photography. To me it is very analogous to music and musicians. Product development in the musical instrument field has enabled many people to participate who otherwise could not play a conventional instrument to save their lives.

Last edited by lammie200; 06-27-2011 at 05:16 PM.
06-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Chicks dig photographers

I'm doing photography to see things that might not be visible otherwise.

06-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #38

Photos: Albums
There are a lot of reasons I love photography, one of the best is the feeling I get when I hand a person a photo and I can tell from the look on their face that I have just given them something that they are going to treasure for years to come....:-)
06-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I love photography because I sometimes see the world differently, and I want to try to recreate what I see.
06-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #40
Site Supporter

Like many others, photography is a chance to express my creative side while overcoming my lack of artistic abilities. Digital is the cherry on top - it appeals to my analytical side while tweaking a digital file allows me to pretend I'm honing whatever artistic skills I might have.

And I also know there is the relaxation and documentation aspect. Enjoying feelings and memories of being elsewhere in time and space, just by viewing a picture - kind of mystical isn't it?
06-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #41

It is my escape from structure. I let my creativity flow. I explore. I create. I live.
It's Photography.
06-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #42
Veteran Member

It's been said already, but photography makes me really look at the world around me in ways I never would have before. I'm always seeing something and saying, "wish I had my camera with me!" Before, I'd have walked right past and never noticed. So, while it sucks I missed the shot because I didn't have my camera, at least I saw it in the first place!
06-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #43

I love photography because I can shoot without harming or killing any animals and have a beautiful picture of them that lasts forever.
06-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #44
Forum Member

The people and relationships I have with others are what bring my life meaning. I want to capture the feelings and memories that I have of them.
06-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #45

Reminds me of where I've been. And helps me decide where I want to go next.