Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Photo Gallery invite: how long?

So, how long does it generally take from the point where you request an invite to find out if you're invited or not? And, does everyone who asks get a code, or do you need to demonstrate something first?

11-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks for asking the question, Matt. Been thinking about it myself.
11-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I asked for it, and i think less than a day later I got the invite and instructions on how to set things up. no need to prove anything, pass any tests or learn secret handshakes yet
11-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
I asked for it, and i think less than a day later I got the invite and instructions on how to set things up. no need to prove anything, pass any tests or learn secret handshakes yet

Same here...I sent a request and got my invitation the same day. That part is pretty automatic, I think, so if you didn't get an invitation it may have gotten blocked as spam or something. All the invitation does is allow you to set up an account so you can submit pics for consideration. That's as far as I've gotten. I submitted some photos on Thursday of last week and haven't heard one way or the other yet.

11-18-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What was the subject line of the invite message? I want to make sure I didn't spam-trap it. Thanks!
11-18-2007, 11:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member

They're a little slow at the moment, so I'd wait a few days before I sent them another e-mail.

I had to wait 1 day when I joined way back when, but at that time it only took them 3 days to look at your pictures and judge them.
I have a few in there now, and they haven't been judged in a week.
11-19-2007, 05:07 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
What was the subject line of the invite message? I want to make sure I didn't spam-trap it. Thanks!
It said, "PENTAX Photo Gallery invitation". I mentioned the spam thing because one email I got from Pentax got dumped into my bulk mail folder. That email wasn't about the gallery, though. It was about some rebates being offered.

11-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Got it now. And I sent a question about something in this morning and it was answered within minutes -- I guess it depends on when they're working.
11-19-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
Pentaxian

How do you know if your pictures have been accepted or declined? What kind of notice do they give?
11-27-2007, 05:28 AM   #10

How do you request for an invite?
11-27-2007, 07:52 AM   #11
Veteran Member

The invite request should be on the page for the photo gallery, one of the top menu items

as for knowing if they got accepted/rejected, you can check your personal page once you've set it up. there it will show what you submitted and its status. my first three were rejected in a little less than a week, and I only knew from checking that page.
11-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
As I understand it, if they're rejected in a few days or less, that means that they were filtered out by the user voting process. If they are instead there for a couple of weeks, they may have survived that only to be rejected by Pentax's own judges.
11-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
As I understand it, if they're rejected in a few days or less, that means that they were filtered out by the user voting process. If they are instead there for a couple of weeks, they may have survived that only to be rejected by Pentax's own judges.

If this is true, then I guess I made it past the initial user voting process, but Pentax's judges hated my pics. 10 rejects out of 10 submissions. Oh well...back to the drawing board.