Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
[QUOTE=Rusty;124023]
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
momof4,

From what I can tell auto exposure meters the light accurately where your standing, but it has no real way to know the lighting conditions 10' away.

Not so Stu! The camera meter reads the light from the subject. Spot metering is particularly good at reading the exposure from a small part of the subject, be it 5, 10 or 50 feet away.

I see your misunderstanding hasn't affected your photography - you have some very nice shots on your website.

Cheers,
Rusty
Thanks Rusty,

I suppose that it's possible that my cameras metering is messed up I'm just going by my experience with my K100. I can't trust auto exposure (or the metering ) for anything really.
If I was to shoot in Automatic again you van bet that 90% of the pic's would be over-exposed (at least according to my taste)
However since I shoot only in Manual I just work with it

QuoteOriginally posted by momof4 Quote
Thanks everyone. I've tried to get a photo resized and being "technology challenged" as my 18 yr old so politely puts it, I figure I can't get one on here until hopefully my computer literate husband can help me. I did, however, find a teacher at the school where I work, that can help me. She has had a K1000 for a long time and she says when she is done with her graduate work this semester she can teach me some things. I am mostly a hands-on learner, so that will help me a lot. I also took more photos of the kids in front of the Christmas tree and they came out much better!
I found this re-sizing software since I wrote my above comment. It might help you if your running a Microsoft platform.
Microsoft Image Resizer
I haven't tried it, so I can't endorse it.