Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #46
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Is the sex worth this?

I'm reminded of this ancient wisdom:

Don't hook up with someone more nutz than you.

ObTopic: My MIL is no problem at all. She gave me her Minolta stuff to sell.
That's awesome. My mother-in-law actually makes my wife crazier than she does me. Which, by proxy, drives me up the wall, too.

08-18-2011, 06:37 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My baby son. Always have to feed him and stuff. Geez.

More seriously, good light is in the evening. Dinner is also in the evening. Therefore it is hard to get "permission" to go take photos. I also have the same problem with fishing. The fish eat when people eat. Damn family values.
08-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My obstacle: Lack of time! Time is way more valueable then money.

I have a wife, a daughter, a few good friends and lots of family, a job and a second hobby. And somewhere in there I need to fit photography. I know I know, it's a luxury problem. I wouldn't want to miss any of those. But sometimes I do miss the time that I had time to waste.
08-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Wow, this thread is really going places!

My g/f - since we've been together 10 years I consider her mom my M-I-L, hence the thread title - doesn't mind me taking pictures. HOWEVER, she is insecure that other females will approach me. This is partially my doing. Several years ago, after I came home from an afternoon shooting, the g/f asked how things went. I replied that it wasn't a very successful outing and I was also annoyed that on a couple of occasions a gaggle of girls would come up to me and want to pose for photos (I always tell them that when I shoot people I don't do it with a camera). This immediately got the g/f's hackles up, and they've never gone down completely since. :ugh: