Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #46
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
He missed the drop bears. Got to watch out for them too.

Richard.
Definitely! Some advice on Drop Bears from Frequently asked questions about Australia, and not so frequently asked questions

"Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA)
A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking."

Oh, and just in case you are thinking of seeing the Hippo races or the Vienna Boys Choir while you are here (from the same FAQ):
"Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)
A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the pacific which does not... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked."
"Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)
A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is...oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked."