Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Competitor to the WG-1?

This was particularly good news given the lack of stellar reviews for the current crop of adventure-proof cameras (and judging from quality of picture samples).

Nikon introduces CoolPix AW100 rugged compact camera

I've been fence-sitting for a while for a replacement P&S and have been keen on a good quality rugged unit; hopefully this reviews well!

Last edited by legacyb4; 08-23-2011 at 10:15 PM.
08-24-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

all like the wg-1 but with a BSI imager. It could very well be the best snorcheling P&S of today.
08-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
Banned

Photos: Albums
Well, the WG-1 is not the top WP camera, so this is no big news.

QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
This was particularly good news given the lack of stellar reviews for the current crop of adventure-proof cameras (and judging from quality of picture samples).
The Lumix DSC-TS3 got pretty good reviews on the site whose name I shalt not type here (same one you linked to - just scroll through recent reviews to the review of waterproof cameras).

I just got the TS3 and I like it so far:

The Nikon looks nice on paper, but we'll have to see how well it fares in practice. Hopefully, Pentax will incorporate their Q tech into their next WP camera and they'll finally get a winner in this category.
08-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

if it's got proper 0-ring seals I'll be buying one... otherwise no, it would just end up sitting next to my dead Pana FT2 which replaced a dead FT1 (no I'm not thinking of buying a FT3... same seal arrangement as earlier ones).

08-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yeah, I saw the the TS3 got pretty good reviews; I do like how the WG-1 feels in hand as a camera. Very robust and easy to manipulate.

Will have to see how the AW100 looks/feels in person before committing to anything.

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Well, the WG-1 is not the top WP camera, so this is no big news.

The Lumix DSC-TS3 got pretty good reviews on the site whose name I shalt not type here (same one you linked to - just scroll through recent reviews to the review of waterproof cameras).

I just got the TS3 and I like it so far:

The Nikon looks nice on paper, but we'll have to see how well it fares in practice. Hopefully, Pentax will incorporate their Q tech into their next WP camera and they'll finally get a winner in this category.