Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
now you got me

The mode button cycles through the 5 different settings.
1 Instant Mode - Triggers the attached flash instantly when the camera built-in flash fires
2 Delay Mode - Triggers the attached flash 50uS after the camera built-in flash fires
3 Delay Mode - Triggers the attached flash when the camera built-in flash fires the second time.
4 Delay Mode - Triggers the attached flash when the camera built-in flash fires the third time.
5 Delay Mode - Triggers the attached flash when the camera built-in flash fires the fourth time.

Pentax syncs nicely in Mode 2 in normal flash mode
Mode 3 for wireless flash (on board flash in command mode)
Mode 4 for wireless with red eye reduction

I am away overseas at the moment and don't have them with me, but both flashes can use hot shoe or PC sync. Both have very high voltages around the 210v mark.

One is a little flash fixed power output, the other is a Sunpak Auto 411 with a swivel head with adjustable power output all the way down to 1/32nd. Comes in handy when balancing your light sources.

I find I can activate them with either their hot shoe mount or the PC sync, technically you could probably fire two flashes from each slave, one off of the hot shoe and one off of the PC sync. Trigger voltage is not a problem for these.

I chose these over radio triggers purely so I could still fire my F540FGZ wirelessly and have these go off in sync as well. Being optical triggers they perform better indoors.

The triggers are small and easy to carry. They will fire any old flash from the second hand shops. When I was looking for mine, the guy gave me the second one for free.

Good luck.