Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tokyo = Photographer Heaven

I just returned from a short business trip to Shinjuku, Tokyo. For someone who can only see or buy Pentax gear on the internet, it was like a dream come true!

I've never seen so many camera stores in such a small area. I got to play with the K-5 and the 645D, and just about every lens and accessory made for Pentax. I literally could walk out of one store and go a dozen steps to the next. What a place!

The only disappointment was that the prices weren't as good as the USA, but that probably saved me from big trouble when I got home.

I did buy (off the shelf!) three M42/K adapters. I've had one backordered from Pentax for months, so it was great to find them.

09-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
I got my K-r (custom color combo: white and pink with pink 35 :-D) in Shinjuku and yes, the camera stores there are awesome! The prices wouldn't be so bad if the yen rate wasn't so miserable right now but c'est la vie. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Japan b/c I LOVE it out here!!!
09-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hambino! It's great to see you back on the forum! I remember that you were a part of SiJ, but half way through you suddenly disappeared...
09-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
lol yeah I took a looooong break from the forums (not intentionally, life just happened that way ) but thanks for the warm welcome back :-D I'm hoping to be able to participate in the next SiX so fingers crossed!

09-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
klh
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hambino Quote
I got my K-r (custom color combo: white and pink with pink 35 :-D) in Shinjuku and yes, the camera stores there are awesome! The prices wouldn't be so bad if the yen rate wasn't so miserable right now but c'est la vie. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Japan b/c I LOVE it out here!!!
Yes, the custom color K-r's were tempting, as were the NIB FA50/1.4's. I liked the gold and black model myself.

You're also right that the weak dollar makes it hard to shop anywhere!