Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2007, 03:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

What do you think of the new flash?

I got a new flash for my website, Let me know what you think of the flash?

James Wei :: Photography

Greatly appreciated.

The flash taking too long to load?

Thanks

12-09-2007, 04:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I like it, very easy to sit and spend a while watching it.

Took a little while to load, but no longer than 10 seconds. Shouldnt see that being a problem.

Also, on the equipment page of the site, the text header for the pentax gear must be set to black, because you cant see it unless you highlight it first.
12-09-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have to revisit later but your website is amazing. Great shots all around.
12-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Awesome! I can't wait to build my own some day.

12-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Very nice and professional looking, enjoyable to browse through with such a vast array of high quality images. Just one thing on the front page, are those images at the bottom supposed to link to their respective catagories?
12-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I like it,

I'll have to check it out later, but my camera's calling me now.
So I guess that I'm of to see some waterfalls
12-10-2007, 12:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by -spam- Quote
I like it, very easy to sit and spend a while watching it.

Took a little while to load, but no longer than 10 seconds. Shouldnt see that being a problem.

Also, on the equipment page of the site, the text header for the pentax gear must be set to black, because you cant see it unless you highlight it first.
I am concerned that it takes too long to load. At least this is reassuring that it might not be a major issue here.

I see, I will see whether I can change the font of the text on that page.

Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I have to revisit later but your website is amazing. Great shots all around.
Thanks, Pat. The flash is the latest addition to the site. It is addictive to build a site. I am slowly adding shots to the site but work has been too busy though ...

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Awesome! I can't wait to build my own some day.
Thanks. Buddha! You will very soon.
These shots did not include any of the film days shots and only <10% of the shots with digital files are placed in there (out of the ones I think worthwhile to be placed into)

QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote
Very nice and professional looking, enjoyable to browse through with such a vast array of high quality images. Just one thing on the front page, are those images at the bottom supposed to link to their respective catagories?
Sigh... That will be the next project I guess to link to different site.

I am also thinking of grouping shots as per Pentax lens but that will have to be at next year ...

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I like it,

I'll have to check it out later, but my camera's calling me now.
So I guess that I'm of to see some waterfalls
Cannot wait to see your waterfall shots in winter!!

12-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Like the site - great job!

So, you like that DA 14mm? It's on my short list - Can't decide to go with that or the 12-24..
12-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #9

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The only problem I see is that, believe it or not, many people actually block JavaScript from running and/or Flash as well. I love Flash websites, well designed ones atleast, but if doing so you really should have an entrance page and offer a Flash site as well as a normal one. Flash is considered by many as a Security Risk now due to code that can be sued to exploit a clients PC viewing it! Ever since the "episodes" of some of the most well named websites (not mentioning names... just do a Google) infecting 100,000's of machines from a simple Banner Ad, alot of folks and SysAdmins have gotten a bit "overprotective".

P.S. BTW, it is an excellent site with a nice clean, but elegant & flowing, design and I do like it!
12-11-2007, 05:21 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote

So, you like that DA 14mm? It's on my short list - Can't decide to go with that or the 12-24..
Love Da 14mm. Duplo has shot a lot of amazing images using that. Recently I had rested this prime as I had Da* 16-50

Da 14mm, believe it or not, can be used wide open all the time. A great travel lens too since it can be used either in day time or night time. Definitely worthwhile!

QuoteOriginally posted by digitaldevo Quote
The only problem I see is that, believe it or not, many people actually block JavaScript from running and/or Flash as well. I love Flash websites, well designed ones atleast, but if doing so you really should have an entrance page and offer a Flash site as well as a normal one. Flash is considered by many as a Security Risk now due to code that can be sued to exploit a clients PC viewing it! Ever since the "episodes" of some of the most well named websites (not mentioning names... just do a Google) infecting 100,000's of machines from a simple Banner Ad, alot of folks and SysAdmins have gotten a bit "overprotective".
Seriously, you really scared me right there.

I heard some complaints and annoying feelings towards flash, but did not expect such a serious "security risk" by having a flash!

So should I cancel the flash instead then?