Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

In-Mouth Cameras: The Future of Food Photography?

In-Mouth Cameras: The Future of Food Photography? - Core77

QuoteQuote:
The confluence of food blogs, cable television culinary shows and cheap digital photography means I can't go to a restaurant with six friends anymore without two of them breaking out a camera and insisting I hold off on the braised pork until they shoot it first. And now I've caught wind of what may be the next wave in food blog photography, courtesy of photographer Justin Quinnell and his largely undiscovered book Mouthpiece.

Shot way back in 2007, with the low resolution to prove it, Quinnell's book is simply a collection of photographs shot from an in-mouth camera. Once my foodie friends figure out how to hold a miniaturized Nikon on their tongue, I expect I'll be seeing a lot more of the back side of their teeth getting ready to tuck into some foie gras.
Is this a good application for the tiny Q? In whose mouth?

10-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Simply opening your mouth to take a picture- now that's innovation!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Simply opening your mouth to take a picture- now that's innovation!
I ran across something similar in a book on pinhead pinhole photography. Some pinholers stick film or photo paper in their mouths, forming a pinhole with their lips. This can be done with a clenched fist too -- the film in the fist, not the fist in the mouth. Anyway, just don't swallow a camera, not unless you're doing medical imaging of your digestive tract. [/me hesitates to suggest 'buttcam']