Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2007, 07:48 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
i have a big problem with my cp510 printer

it doesn't print the actual colours or what i took, although i tried everything...
i used its original software, adobe ps cs2 and lightroom and let the printer and photoshop determine colors... it did not help, i have never heard this problem anyone else, what could be the reason??? it is claimed that the colour's of the printer is true....
look at the first picture attached, the house is yellow in the print....
and silver becomes green in the print of second attachement. i can tell the problem of
this print is high saturation, but i can't say that first picture has the same problem, imho it is about hue....
helppppp
halil

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot SD500  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
12-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Turn off the printer color control and let PS or LR do it. You have the printer trying to "correct" the output from your software.
12-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
hll

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hll Quote
i used its original software, adobe ps cs2 and lightroom and let the printer and photoshop determine colors...
i meant i tried both, but not in the same time. i tried using only the lr and ps color and turned off the printer's color control...(i clicked the option "let ps determine colors" )
i think original software changes colors
and ps increases saturation...
12-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

First off, have you calibrated your monitor? This is the most important element to processing and then printing accurate color. Once you have calibrated your monitor, set that icc profile in PS/LR color management dialog. Set your printer driver to let PS or LR control color.

12-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
hll

Original Poster
yes, i thought about it, i know lr wants icc profile...
but i don't know how to calibrate my monitor...
i use a toshiba laptop...
how do i calibrate it??? i hope it is easy and cheap
thanks a lot ...
12-17-2007, 05:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

You would need a calibration kit, that consists of a sensor that goes in front of your monitor, and software to analyze and create the profiles. Color Vision Spyder and Pantone Huey are two well respected kits. The problem you will have is most lap tops do not have any hardware adjustments for it's monitor, so you would have limited success in calibrating it. You could install the Adobe Gamma adjustment software, it might be of some use (available from Adobe as a free download).

Also, go to Canon's web site, and see if they have any updated icc profiles for that printer.
12-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #7
hll

Original Poster
Canada_Rockies and roscot thank you very much.
i will find a way to calibrate my monitor...
cheers
halil