Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Seeking Graphics Tablet recomendations

I am looking to purchase a Graphics Tablet to edit photos on the computer. I am not looking to do any art drawings so I believe the smaller ones would do.

From your experience, is a 4x5 too small of a surface to work with? Is a 6x8 better? Is the larger 9x12 too large?

What brand is good? I have only seen two brands and although I have seen and read about them, I am wondering if anyone has tried the UC-LOGIC Superpen or the Wacom Graphire4 or the Intuos3?

Does anyone have a recomendation of one you have used?

Thanks

12-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have Wacom Graphire 4 (white) and it is perfectly usable for photo editing. Very good design, small, well built, two ways to store pen (on tablet slot included), useful control panel for tablet/pen configuration.

Mouse that comes with it is useless IMO so I still use my Logitech Optical mouse. But you are not getting tablet to use mouse on it anyway, so it is not an issue.
12-21-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

a friend of mine has the wacom intuos...he has a widescreen version..(6x11)he used to have a huge one too, like a 9x12.

he drew w/ them and didnt use it for photo editing. I would want to get one for the same reason you want to use it for, but, cost is too high for a mid range size.

(i would get the 6x11 size as well)

Never heard of the other company...

wacom's been around for a while...so..i'd go w/ them
12-21-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've got an Intuos 2 @ 6 by 8 on the desktop machine and a Graphire 4 @4 by 5 for the laptop. Highest Recommendation (unconditional). Use for both photo editing and CAD. Check the box for a '1/2 off' offer on a full version of Photoshop.