Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2011, 07:17 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that if you get a really good make of filter like Hoya, it really wouldn't be hard to put back in the fine details lost with a little help with Photoshop

cheers

01-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
I think that if you get a really good make of filter like Hoya, it really wouldn't be hard to put back in the fine details lost with a little help with Photoshop

cheers
Now that you say photoshop.
If you shoot with ND to get longer shutterspeeds you can also quite simply stack exposures/photos and blend them together to get that dreamy look.
01-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Now that you say photoshop.
If you shoot with ND to get longer shutterspeeds you can also quite simply stack exposures/photos and blend them together to get that dreamy look.
SImilar effect but there is a difference in look.
01-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That must be the world's worst ND filter. I understand where you're coming from that the distortion is similar to what the lens produces at wider apertures, but using the term "stops" to describe the distortion isn't really the way to put it.

01-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I agree with slip in that if you get a higher quality filter you should not even notice it. I bought a 10 dollar (US) polarizing filter and it really was horrible. I stayed away from filters for 2 years because of that. Then my eyes were opened by someone on a photo walk. Turns out, he is a professional who also works at a local camera shop. He showed me the differences between a 10, 25, and 75 dollar filter.

I now have a few filters that I regularly use for certain shots.

George
01-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I wouldn't say 100% (simply because you are putting in another layer of glass in front of your lens), but some are better than others. I bought a set of Green L ND filters (2x, 4x and 8x) for $8 they provided horrible red colour casts that couldn't be corrected. I bought a Hoya ND400 and this was much better, no noticeable colour casts, and no noticeable loss of quality. So if you're going to get one don't cheap out, research for the good ones.