Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Around 10 years in now, 7 with a SLR. Never had an interest in film (I had one as a kid, didn't use it much) and don't think I ever will unless I get interested in the developing aspects or try to make my own cameras. I like using the lenses from those days though. I think the line is flawed because it doesn't have learning right up there with practice as the final aspects, because they should both be intertwined and never ending.

02-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
Inactive Account

<------ Gear faggot At least I am in my acceptance stage "My Name is Carl and I'm a gearfaggot..."
I'm actually working on my relationship of shooting and PP especially low light so part of me has advanced
02-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RXrenesis8 Quote
/r/photography?
/r/photography indeed.
02-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
You really don't know? /p/ is the 4chan photography forum. Users say F*GGOT and N*GGER a lot. Canon fanbois rule. It's a great place to vent anonymously, if you have the stomach for that sh!t.
/p/ is tame compared to some of the other stuff on 4chan. Still, it's not for the weak of heart. Didn't even notice this was originally a 4chan image until /p/ was pointed out. Makes sense, reddit "borrows" (or steals) a lot from 4chan.

02-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #20

That's pretty damn accurate.
02-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
/p/ is tame compared to some of the other stuff on 4chan. Still, it's not for the weak of heart. Didn't even notice this was originally a 4chan image until /p/ was pointed out. Makes sense, reddit "borrows" (or steals) a lot from 4chan.
Agreed, if anyone ventures into that forum.... stay away from /b/
02-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I never knew 4chan had a Photo board. I also didn't know that so many 18 year old sociopaths (typical 4chan users) were Canon users.

02-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Don From The Radio Quote
I never knew 4chan had a Photo board. I also didn't know that so many 18 year old sociopaths (typical 4chan users) were Canon users.
I thought that was pretty surprising too. You'd figure a site with so many people who take pride in being "different" would use something other than the most popular brand in the world.
02-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Since all I do is practice, practice, practice I guess that's the best place for me on there. I'm doing a lot of stuff on there actually up and down, but that seems the most apt place.
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This needs to be a sticky!

I've seen it before and it still never fails to elicit a chuckle, though a couple of years ago that chuckle was a bit muted and painful.

I think the 'how good I think I am' needs to continue wavering toward the end, I don't know anyone that is ever really satisfied with their work, particularly as a hobbyist.
02-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought that was pretty surprising too. You'd figure a site with so many people who take pride in being "different" would use something other than the most popular brand in the world.
They may think they're different, but 4chan (especially /b/) is the epitome of hivemind.
02-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I've posted this before, here and on dpreview, I think it's pretty accurate

Two interesting things - the folks who go off into space on that blue dotted line, thinking they're exceptional even though their actual skills are not increasing, and the folks who have been humbled enough by everything else they see (represented by hitting the 4chan /p/ point) that 'how good they really are' (orange/green) is actually higher than 'how good they think they are' (blue) past that point.

Last edited by jsherman999; 02-20-2012 at 04:04 PM.
03-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #28
Inactive Account

I admit, I post on /p/ quite regularly. I Like it because they don't beat around the bush. If a picture sucks they won't hesitate to tell you. That's why when you discover /p/ in the image, it goes way down. In the rare case /p/ loves you for some reason, they stroke your ego majorly, which is why it goes up a lot at that point too.

But if you ignore the crap people post, there is usually good advise to be found.

When people hear its on 4chan they think the worst, but really, its not that bad.
03-12-2012, 01:46 AM   #29

Photos: Albums
Not sure if this has already been posted, but I found this image while going through Reddit. I thought it was pretty funny. I think I'm in the "Damnit, I suck" stage.
Me too!
03-12-2012, 04:35 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EJMzagsfan Quote
Me too!
I third that. Hopefully will have more time to practice one this whole work and school thing is done.