Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2006, 07:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Jinx myself :(

What a great xmas for me and the family. But just missed getting the K10 buy a smidge. I talked here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/1693-today-day-where-i-find-out.html about why I have not bought the new toy yet. Sunday afternoon my better half says she is going shopping and I mentioned for fun oh, the local shop you will pass has the K10. HAHA I think, never happen. Sure enough she calls me about half hour later in the shop and says I can't do it. I say what? Buy the K10 for you. Didn't I tell here Dell had a great deal about two or three hundred dollars less then the shop she was at. Still kicking myself about not just getting it then, I say yea and I am sure they will have another deal soon. So no K10 for me just yet.

Still had a great Christmas all the family is healthy and happy. Just thought I would share that with you. I am sure the flood is coming soon of new Pentax owners looking for help with thier new toys. For those that got them ... lucky you and enjoy!!!

12-26-2006, 07:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hang in there...

Merry Christmas Pat!

Just hang in there. You never know. If she came that close (actually in the store)...
12-26-2006, 07:31 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Pat, I know the feeling, Just days before the K10 hit the market the shop I had my pre order in went out of business and returned my deposit. ( in fact I had paid for it in total up front.) and since then there have been some expensive car repairs to deal with. (new rear window being replaced with no insurance) and Christmas expenses for our Grandson. (those I don't mind) so I have taken a good heard look at what my needs are and I will purchase a new K100D with in the next few months. I still have my DL and I can still enjoy photography. For me it may take awhile to get the K10D but I'll get it as soon as I can. who Knows by the time I can afford the K10D Pentax will be offering a Pro model with the kitchen sink.

I have always been a firm believer in what will be will be. And there is a reason for not getting it at this time. Have Faith Pat and keep shooting with what you have and keep saving for what you want. It will happen for you very soon.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-26-2006, 07:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Tracy and David, I agree it will come when it comes. I am in no big rush anyway . The DS has served and continues to serve me well. Even thought for a minute about getting some new glass instead of the K10, but changed my mind. There are much bigger priorities in life for sure.