Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery
I just started a photo course last week and to my surprise I wasn't the only one with a K10D

02-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great story. Love it when the Canikons get their reality challeneged.
Also teach classes. Should see the Canikons when I pull out Pentax and Olympus dslrs. They are in shock. Last class was funny because there were 4 or 5 other Pentax shooters in the class. People actually told others to buy Pentax because there were so many in the class.
Hang in there and turn out great images. Would love to see some.
thanks
barondla
02-22-2008, 07:42 AM   #33

I work for our college paper (layout editor) where we have a Nikon D80, and another on the way (not by my choice). The Editor in chief is ordering a Canon "because my sister has one and likes it." Even with 6 other people on staff who do use the Nikon, or their own P&S's, I am the one that gets sent to take most of the pictures. Our sports writer took the D80 and took over 100 shots at one of the baseball team's games and I had to go back the next day to get pictures we could use (with the lowly *ist of course) as only 3 of hers were in focus.

The school's Media Relations department (in charge of pictures and promotion of events on campus) also has a pair of Nikons, but the woman in charge of the school's pageant asked me to take the pictures for their flyers/brochures.

I am not saying I am a great photographer (I really am not), but too many people think the brand name is going to get them the picture. Congrats for daring to be different. I am taking the photo class next semester and I am sure I will be in the same position.

Looking forward to some of your pics.
02-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I totally agree with christinelandon and kent vinyard. You generally get that from Wannabe's. The best thing is to ignore it and enjoy your camera. If you like your gear and enjoy the shots you take, then that's all that counts. Unfortunately there are arrogant Aholes in all fields of endevour.

I often sailboat race and one year was sitting in the pre race skippers meeting. Everyone there was wearing Gill foul weather gear (about $1000 a suit). Not having deep pockets I had a plan-Jane $100 suit on. Everyone acted like the Canon jerk. When our boat won 3 of 5 races (and the week long series on points), I said nothing but turned down the invitation to the after race party and had a few "pops" with the real racers.

I'd certainly speak to your friends though. Pass on your thoughts about who they had shooting for them.
Glad to hear your start in sailing competition was like that. When I first started competition with sailplanes, everybody told me not to worry: "There is always somebody behind you" they said. I found out it was true . I was that somebody.....