Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #31
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by ricosuave Quote
cufflinks....
I'd certainly get those

06-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Underwear, with this printed on the front, "Big Zoom"
That is SO disgusting!
So what happens when the zoom malfunctions?

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
The Pentax Limited Series G-String: combining great aesthetics, superb construction, and a tiny size. I'd wear it. In fact, I'm wearing a prototype right now.
I don't care if it is Pentax BUTT FLOSS, there's no way I'm wearing it! I don't think it will help the aesthetics of my butt any.

I consider myself a pretty loyal Pentaxian, but I do have my limits.
Seriously though, thanks for the good laughs!

For those of you who wish that there was a Pentax Patch out there, there is one! Check this out:
Ad65 - PENTAX Camara Logo Iron On Patch - eBay (item 160250827831 end time Jun-20-08 10:42:54 PDT)
I'm tempted to get one and a white bucket hat (think Gilligan's Island) and iron it onto the hat.

Heather
06-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Either an analogue watch with a red background and white hands; or a fully black digital watch with red fluorescent characters.
Now that I could use and would buy. I was also wondering about the lazer light they offer. Seems silly when a laser light is not as effective as the LED flashlights. I wouldn't be without my laser LED mini flashlight. I keep it in my camera bag for night shooting and it weighs next to nothing. That would be cool to have a Pentax logo on. The only reason I'd buy anything with a logo on it is if it was functional. Even as much as I love my Pentax k10d.

p.s. oh and I do own not one but two different Pentax t-shirts. The first I bought before they were offered directly from Pentax, from someone who made them up and sold them. Clothing counts as functional to me though.

Last edited by LaRee; 06-19-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: p.s.
06-20-2008, 02:11 AM   #34
Banned

QuoteQuote:
For those of you who wish that there was a Pentax Patch out there, there is one! Check this out:
Ad65 - PENTAX Camara Logo Iron On Patch - eBay (item 160250827831 end time Jun-20-08 10:42:54 PDT)
I'm tempted to get one and a white bucket hat (think Gilligan's Island) and iron it onto the hat.
I'm thinking more of a patch of just the red pentax letters: PENTAX maybe outlined in white or something, the red square logo is just, bleh.

06-20-2008, 02:34 AM   #35
Inactive Account

One of the best marketing/merch ideas I ever saw was on a beach.

There were these thongs (not those thongs, for the Americans - thongs are what we Aussies call flip-flops) that hand the logo of a company engraved in the bottom in a mirror-image.

So, basically, whoever wore these and walked on the beach, would essentially be wearing foot-mounted rubber stamps. With every footprint, the company logo would be left imprinted on the sand, all up and down the beach. It's great advertising, environmentally friendly, and takes no effort to do.

There's an outdoor philosophy I read somewhere that said something like take only photographs, leave only footprints - and with a pair of PENTAX thongs and a camera, this fits beautifully.
06-22-2008, 02:52 AM   #36
Veteran Member

an vintage look t shirt..with the mighty LX printed in the front and limited writings in the back

black eating plate.

with 40 mm f1:2.8 limited marking rounding the edge of it.

--
06-26-2008, 12:57 AM   #37
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
I need a onesie for my kid that says "I have epilepsy 'cause my daddy has a Pentax"

That's hilarious. We are adopting so probably won't have a baby but I'll remember that 'gem'. I won't use the flash on babies and toddlers in future, unless they p*** me off.
Thanks for posting,
Gary

06-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I won't use the flash on babies and toddlers in future, unless they p*** me off.
Thanks for posting,
Gary
Yeah, I *rarely* ever use flash when snapping pics of him and never full power; even 1/8 or 1/16 freaks him pretty good. But when he's wearing his shades...
06-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #39
Veteran Member

A couple more ideas for onesies...

"Put the Pentax down and nobody will get hurt."

"Don't you have enough pictures of me, yet?"

Heather
06-26-2008, 05:43 PM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Underwear, with this printed on the front, "Big Zoom"
QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
That is SO disgusting!
So what happens when the zoom malfunctions?
Yeah - let's hope it doesn't start back-focussing!!
07-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #41
Site Supporter

does a Pentax sling pack count?
08-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Whatever it is Pentax should include a free t-shirt with every DSLR purchase. People are bound to wear it outside at some point. It'll help get the name across.
08-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #43
Inactive Account

Weather-sealed undies.
08-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TheWengler Quote
How about a Pentax necklace with a DSLR hanging off of it? That's about all I need.
They already have that.... Its your camera strap and your DSLR... LOL

Mike

I'll vote for patches and stickers... and a high quality black polo with red lettering.
08-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Red shirt, and a big K1000 on the front, and the straps go round the neck and over the shoulders, and on the strap it says Pentax, on the back of the shirt.