Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Never knew about the Pentax exclusive gallery.

PentaxForums Exclusive Gallery - Pentax User Photo Gallery

Some really outstanding photos from the Pentaxians. I just found the Pentax forum one day and never bothered to look around. What a great find!

04-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You should check out the PUG (Pentax Users Gallery). It's been online for a full 15 years now (it got it's start in 1997). I believe it was the first online photo gallery.

PUG: April 2012 - 15 Years of PUGgery
04-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote

Some really outstanding photos from the Pentaxians. I just found the Pentax forum one day and never bothered to look around. What a great find!
Yes, very talented people.

Wheatfield, thanks for the link to PUG
04-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote

There's also the official Pentax gallery:

PENTAX : Welcome to the PENTAX Photo Gallery

Some amazing photos. I had the joy to have one of mine featured there too.

04-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the links.

I really liked some of Kerricks work at the Pentax user gallery. I especially like adventure and extreme sport related photography.

I wanted to save a few images with hopes of hanging a few 5 x 7's up if I can ever clear some wall space. The site does not allow saving. Too bad people are so afraid of letting a low res, basically commercially useless image go. Some day all this stuff will be lost anyway. Might as well allow some enjoyment now while we can still smell the roses.

Low res images wont go far, share your images with your devotees Pentax as well as photogs. People are not going to buy some small token image they like to paste up on the wall. If they want a high quality print then OK, sell them one. But don't be so stingy with your images. When all is said and done a photo is useless if no one sees and enjoys it.

On a different note...I wonder if Pentax gives out gear to their premier photogs they showcase like sports companies sponsor their athletes?

....a couple of photos I especially like. (not mine)

04-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #6

Galleries are always full of beautiful photos. Does someone know (Pentax) galleries of photos totally w/o photoshop etc. processing? Straight out of camera photos.