Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Urgently Need Technical Advice

I am doing a shoot this weekend. Can someone recommend which kit lens I should use on my K110D.? I am a bit worried that I might not be in focus. Should I use a UV filter on the lens or will that degrade the image quality? I am thinking of using the flash. Is that a good idea or should I use an off camera flash. Should I use RAW or JPEG? What is a good f stop? Is there a bad f stop and can it become good. Who judges what is a good one or bad one. I think we should decide. What about the shutter speed. Is there a speed limit? Can you do a shoot while drunk? Is it illegal. Do I need to get a degree to take photos of "Hot Chicks" or can I do it via the internet? This is getting me nervous..Getting very sick to my stomach. I hope the model brings clothes for the shoot otherwise it will be X Rated and my girlfriend will leave me . I can't afford a lawyer and she will cut my balls off and that will be the end of my career of being a Fashion Photog. Do I need clothes when shooting or is that just for the model? I heard that it helps if I cover my self in case it gets cold. If it gets cold will my batteries die and if they do will I be able to use other batteries? Should I get an extra battery for the shoot. I am worried that my JPEG's are too soft, well that's what PHIL at you know where told me...Aw F-ck I quit!

Last edited by pjv; 07-08-2017 at 07:17 AM. Reason: remove swearing
01-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Do I need to get a degree to take photos
Ben

Of course you need a degree to take any photos.

BS = Bull S&$t!
MS = more S&$t!
PHD = Piled higher and deeper
PHD = Plumbing Heating & drains (alternate definition)

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 01-14-2008 at 07:18 PM.
01-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You can shot while drunk and in your case I think you'll need it.
01-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't know much about fashion photography, but I do know that If the models are nude I'd like to see the pictures. That is if they're good looking women. I just have to inspect them closely, to make sure your doing a good job

It doesn't mater to us if your naked while shooting. If you are it's a little easier and quicker while relieving yourself from all that excessive alcohol.

I've shot drunk before, and it's often been my most creative work.
Other times everything I shot at got filled with holes or exploded. Go figure

Good luck, and have fun with your shot Ben

01-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I don't know much about fashion photography, but I do know that If the models are nude I'd like to see the pictures. That is if they're good looking women. I just have to inspect them closely, to make sure your doing a good job
I agree Stu, this is one time when "pixel peeping" would be a GOOD thing, lol