05-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
La Nina...

Steve

05-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Forgetting to see before taking photos, also chimping. Long FLs. Not stopping down enough. Only a few.
05-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1. holding the camera s-t-e-a-d-y when pressing the shutter button (related to being left-handed)
2. having to rely on auto-focus because my ageing eyes cannot focus as well as the camera lenses
05-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well magkelly , you got to put in some extra time for health and well being. Eat healthy, eat right. Also get in some heart pumpin, sweaty exercise.

Try and structure your day around health. I like yoga, inline skating, longboarding, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, scuba, snow sports, mountain boarding, tree climbing, weight training.

...just between mediation, yoga, aerobics, weights and cooking healthy food most of the day is shot.

I especially try to get some nutrition esp in the winter from supplements. 3 times per week in my blender I put:
4 oz of milk
A banana or strawberries or both
1 Tbl of Nutritional yeast
6 tbl of natural vanilla whey
3 Tbl of egg and milk protein powder with vitamins
Twin Lab capsules popped opened of various minerals and vits, such as maganese, selenium, pantothenic acid, copper, iron, Vit D in the winter, sometimes folic acid or Vit A, (but usually get lots of that in food.)
Solgar bone meal with B-12
Vanilla extract
3/4 tbl of sugar
Probiotics / kefir

Good luck!

05-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
Pentaxian

#1 problem (I'm working on): Getting a photograph that looks like what I wanted the photo to look like (focus, composition, exposure, depth, etc.). I'm not so experienced that I can look at a scene, imagine what I want it to look like in a photo, and say "with this lens and that light, that's 1/250 @ f/4 and ISO200."
05-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like Julie, "... going out and actually taking photos... I'm just too tired to do anything when I get home after a long day."
And then when I actually do get out, remembering to SEE everything in the frame, and pushing myself out of my comfort zone, and stretching my imagination, and ...
Oh, yeah, also convincing my wife to pose.
05-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
My lack of imagination. Often no matter what gear I may have or the subject matter I just don't "see".
Ditto...

05-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Time and $$. More so time than money though.

Money is for long trips to far away places. But time excuse covers the park down the street.
05-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
My lack of imagination. Often no matter what gear I may have or the subject matter I just don't "see".
That is what these forums are for. They help inspire you and improve yor eye.

The library is loaded with photo books as well.

Get going...get inspired!
05-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jford Quote
Like Julie, "... going out and actually taking photos... I'm just too tired to do anything when I get home after a long day."
And then when I actually do get out, remembering to SEE everything in the frame, and pushing myself out of my comfort zone, and stretching my imagination, and ...
Oh, yeah, also convincing my wife to pose.

yea, my wife is not much of a cooperator either. But I'm always asking her to pose naked.

Try taking the camera with you even when you go out for short trips. Photo ops pop up all around us. Just have to be looking for them.
05-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #26
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
What is your biggest photography problem / challenge?
Whilst there are always are limitations due to integrity, for me it's trying to keep similar images looking fresh through the use of different angles, approaches, viewpoints etc.

Otherwise it can become very "me too" and does not stimulate or please the viewer or more importantly picture editors or image buyers.
05-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Similar to everyone else, getting out and shooting.
But also I sometimes shoot a boat load of pics in RAW and they go untouched into the computer.
So need a better workflow really (I reckon a nice new iMac as wifey uses the laptop too much!
Also I might change to JPEG for walkarounds.
05-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My biggest problem is getting more equipment on the plane and to the locations I shoot at.

Once I was happy with a single 35mm film camera and my 645 gear.

Now, I have zooms and primes and video.

Video has added sliders, mics, video heads and video tripods.

All the 645 gear has stayed home, as I hone my video skills, while also shooting stills.

I am seriously thinking about taking someone with me just to carry some stuff.
05-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I am pretty good at getting a well exposed, sharp picture. Of course, that is the easy part. I have a hard time making a picture that grabs a viewer and pulls them in...something more intriguing than just a documentary photo.
05-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #30

Photos: Gallery
Sharpness. This really gets to me. I've been trying for the longest time to figure out how to take exceptionally sharp pictures, and they still seem a little off. Will keep trying though. Someday I'll get there.