Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What Pentax gear do you own?
MF Screwmount Film SLR 3713.07%
MF Bayonet Film SLR 10135.69%
AF Bayonet Film SLR 8429.68%
Digital SLR 26192.23%
645 Medium Format SLR 62.12%
6x7 Medium Format SLR 51.77%
Screwmount Lenses 6824.03%
M or K Lenses 16056.54%
A Lenses 11841.70%
F or FA Lenses 14551.24%
FA J Lenses 3110.95%
D-FA Lenses 6322.26%
DA Lenses 18364.66%
Limited or * Series Lenses 6522.97%
3rd Party Lenses 18966.78%
Digital Point-and-Shoot Cameras 9433.22%
Film Point-and-Shoot Cameras 4816.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2006, 04:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I arrived here by clicking on an email link and could not see the survey, but as soon as I logged in it appeared.

Seems reasonable to me..

dave

12-29-2006, 05:41 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I heard of a guy the other day that cancelled his K10D order because the IQ was too realistic. Go figure!!
Then I have to figure it was a person with a noisy and banding brain then.
12-29-2006, 06:10 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Good point Jonas, I think he would then enjoy a pinhole camera with the hole clogged up. Any way Nznhut had a problem And the problem being he didn't understand he needed to log in when he clicked on the link. This comes from a lack of knowledge about the program you are using. He later logged on to complain and didn't have a problem posting and he never asked for help to understand the way the forum is set up and operates. I think he just wanted to find a way to make it the forums problem because he is an unhappy person in general.
As for the rest of you here comparing Apples to Horse Dropping's in comparing Pentaxforum.com and the intelligent way it is set up to the mess on DPR I think is very unfair to DPR those people have never had structure and muddle through trying to find their butt with a toothpick. Any way enough from me I really would hate to say what I really thought of his posting.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-29-2006, 06:19 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Like you Dave I have been here since the begining. I enjoy this site and like said making everybody happen will never happen. One suggestionI did read in the thread is something I kind of would agree with and the is the my threads in the quick links. I always log in and go directly to todays posts. Just as easy and works for me. I am sure I am not alone. It is not showing specificaly my threads but shows what has happend since my last visit. Anyway, like the country song says , I like, I love it, I want some more of it. Great job Adam....

12-29-2006, 08:52 AM   #20

The main thing I hate about this site is.

I can't think of anything right now, I'll get back with you if I do...

You can't do this on dpr
12-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Can't find anything wrong with the site or the forums and actually prefer it to Phil's site.

If the poll is to help you add, delete or modify the various forums perhaps it should include something like "Other than Pentax gear at present" since many are visitors considering a switch to Pentax.

Dan
12-29-2006, 10:53 AM   #22
Forum Member

I had no trouble finding and using this survey.
It is interesting to see how many people have jumped onto using the DA lens since they do not work with older Pentax bodies. I suppose if one is just starting out with no previous lens the DA lens would be a great choice since they are designed for digital use from the get go. I am still trying to decide what dslr I want to go with.
One of my biggest complaints with dslrs is the viewfinder. I understand the new K10 has a great one. Hope I get a chance to actually see and handle one. BTW, does anyone know how the K100d viewfinder compares to the K10?
Happy New!

12-29-2006, 12:22 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Artyste Quote
The only thing this forum could use is a quicker "My Threads" type of thing..

There *is* one, but it's buried under "Quick Links" and you have to click on "My Profile" and then find the options.. involving.

But hey.. at least there's the option right? (Although I still would love to see a "My threads" thing as one of the options either right *in* Quick Links, or in that blue bar *with* Quick Links)
How about I swap the useless "Who's Online" link with a "My Threads" link in the quicklinks? It's a simple change- just post a thread in the suggestions forum and we'll discuss it further. After all, we're supposed to be discussing the poll here, not praising the site

Thanks for all the compliments, guys Great to hear!

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
This forum is personal, friendly, systemised and sophisticated with good intention to serve pentax gear users.
Right on! That's exactly my intention with running this site.

BTW, the poll's coming great- thanks to all for participating!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-29-2006, 01:19 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Great idea!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
How about I swap the useless "Who's Online" link with a "My Threads" link in the quicklinks?
Sounds like a great idea to me!
It's a simple change- just post a thread in the suggestions forum and we'll discuss it further. After all, we're supposed to be discussing the poll here, not praising the site
Sorry about posting this here, but I am off to work now but did want to post a quick thumbs up on the idea.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys Great to hear!

Right on! That's exactly my intention with running this site.

BTW, the poll's coming great- thanks to all for participating!
Now what is this? I am getting an error when trying to post this reply that I don't have enough characters in my reply?
12-29-2006, 02:42 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The vBulletin guys have thought of everything

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-29-2006, 03:38 PM   #26

I had to chuckle....
I found the poll while browsing the site, and only got the email later. I was also surprised to find that the survey was this poll. From the email, I thought it might have more to do with using different software for the site, or adding different functionality.

There is one limitation of this site that I would appreciate changing. I know that the site only records your last visit, and it assumes that you've read everything once you've logged out (or left).

Personally, I prefer the newsreader type of functionality, where items I have not read remain unread until either I really do read it, or purposely mark it as read (to get rid of it). As it stands, if I open the site and then immediately close it without actually reading anything, all the handy notifications about what is new - gets lost. All the links to read the "next unread" post in a thread are reset.

Maybe I'm just too used to newsgroups rather than bulletin boards where the newsgroup software handles individual entries throughout your subscribed boards, rather than working with limited cookie support. But - that type of functionality is important to me.

Anyway, my feedback is the type of feedback that I was hoping that the email was asking for.
12-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #27
Inactive Account

I started to photograph with the Russian camera, then was Nikon, then - Мinolta and Canon... have then passed on Pentax - the reason - optics of Pentax, is especial in is black - a white and monochrome photo... But I not "fan" Pentax as this company is badly enough focused on the professional market 35mm cameras and specialize on an amateur level more. Company Pentax counts a professional format 120mm (647 and 67 cameras), but their technological level, as always (...), lags behind analogues of other firms. On this questions connected with photos and cameras Pentax are interesting to me only. For example, having seen photos at a forum, I did not begin to buy K10, have decided to wait updating of the program of the chamber...
12-31-2006, 01:55 AM   #28
Inactive Account

Happy New Year to all.

I give this forum a big thumbs up!! This is a great place to help and be helped!

Thanks Mo!
12-31-2006, 08:21 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like this site a lot. Think it is easier to use than Dpreview except for one thing. Haven't figured out how to look at all the threads I have posted to. Makes it hard to see if anyone has replied, without looking at check marks. I also like the fact that there is a place for film people too! Will buy a Pentax P&S soon (can't decide which one yet). Keep up the good work MO. This is a nice happy site.
thanks
barondla
12-31-2006, 12:43 PM   #30
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
That is possible with vB, but I guess there isn't really a dedicated link for it. I can add one to your profile page, though

For now, just do an advanced search, enter your username, and select "show results as threads."

Adam

Closed Thread