Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2008, 07:48 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Accident Flash Head Hit Concrete..Exploded Model Light

Last night while shooting, one of my 1200€ Multiblitz Profilix Monoblock Heads hit the pavement....It was horrible as I was only using 2 lights...The pilot light died and had to shoot 50 percent of the shoot blind for the background light. Was shooting outdoors. I had to close my eyes 90 percent to see where the light was hitting...None the less will have the whole housing replaced as well as the pilot and have a complete diagnostic. It was only the second time I used these babies...Geez was I freaked. But got through the night and finished up a 4:30 AM....

Ben

A sample from last night with the dead background light...Still pulled it off.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by benjikan; 01-20-2008 at 08:02 AM.
01-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ben. I like the shot. I think you did well with the lighting and with the male model darker and softer in the background an immediate idea came to mind when I saw the shot. It's like she's looking back at her past to a former lover that is fading from memory. Anyway that's what I saw.

As usual, nice work and great colour.
01-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Ben. I like the shot. I think you did well with the lighting and with the male model darker and softer in the background an immediate idea came to mind when I saw the shot. It's like she's looking back at her past to a former lover that is fading from memory. Anyway that's what I saw.

As usual, nice work and great colour.
I love the poetic manner in which you saw the image. In fact that was the intention...Rent the film "In the Mood for Love" you will understand. Wonderful film and the basis for this shoot.

Thank You
Ben
01-24-2008, 05:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Ben, I appreciate that you didn't give the male model a "dangerous lurker" look. Women have to put up with too many images that imply or make explicit the message of violent masculine sexuality. This has a nice noir look, but is more romantic than risky. Good work!

01-27-2008, 12:42 AM   #5

Oh my, beautiful

Ben
This is good, really good. The fog in front of her, the catch light on the open door and the space between her and the guy, but it's not just space with the subtle curve near the floor. Oh my, beautiful.
01-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

So poetic and beautiful lighting.

Regardless what equipment you use, this sort of photography always requires talent. Beautiful!