Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The Big Day Out last year (or was it 2010?) was 115ºF (46ºC in our units), and I managed to keep reasonably comfortable as well. Getting wet regularly helps - at BDO they have water tents and staff hosing the crowd when it's really hot. Pentax's WR gear becomes invaluable

But the hat remains a MUST.
That only works if you can get wet sans starting a riot, lol. I do that and no bra in the world can keep it from becoming a major peep show for the whole world, lol. If I think it might be bad I actually take some of those flat little cold packs that they make for injuries with me. You wack them and they fill up with a chemical that acts like ice. It lasts for quite a while too. I put them in my pants pockets, around my neck, down the back of my bra, even under my hat. They're a bit expensive but if it's up over 98 I don't care. Better I spend $15 on those than risk heat stroke. I do the same thing in Winter too. They make hot packs too. You just wack a few and stick them in your pockets and in your coat.

07-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
LOL! Yes wildman ... It has NEVER been that warm in my home region. If I am shooting on such a day, it WON'T be outside! Time to practice setting up still life photography.
07-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
I think that type of thinking is what keeps me going day in and day out. I'm in California, we've got hot and dry. I see you're in Texas, hot and humid - ouch. I'm assuming you get used to that too.
Yes, you do get used to it - it's not enjoyable, but at least you can deal with it more easily. We had a "dry" day today - temp was 105, but only 17% humidity, so it felt like a balmy 100 !