Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
which one is the right panorama merge option in photoshop?

is that perspecitve? cylindrical? or spherical?
I tried perspective and spherical. seems perspective look good.
but I watched a tutorial from lydna.com about how to do panorama stich in photoshop
the merge option he give is the cylindrical and spherical...
confused now..

first is using perspective
second is using spherical

Last edited by liukaitc; 06-02-2013 at 12:04 PM.
07-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Erf.. well I think the pictures speak for themselves, no? Spherical gives a more fisheye look, while perspective gives a rectilinear look. In additional, spherical cuts more on the edges.
07-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I think so too.
but weird I watched the video again. it really says using either cylindrical or spherical....

Last edited by liukaitc; 07-31-2012 at 07:50 PM.
07-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm not sure - I usually either use auto for my Brennizer shots/panos, or I use Reposition and then work on it as is. I actually have not tried perspective or spherical.

07-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I think it depends on how close the subjects are.

I'll bet the panorama that they had the sample of was a 'distant skyline' sort of shot, while your pano is of subjects much, MUCH closer to you.

FWIW, I use Microsoft ICE for my panos any more when I do them (its free, and intuitive, and beats the daylights out of photoshop as far as results go), and ICE lets you switch on the fly if I rememeber right to compare the results before you actually do the final process on them.
07-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I think it depends on how close the subjects are.

I'll bet the panorama that they had the sample of was a 'distant skyline' sort of shot, while your pano is of subjects much, MUCH closer to you.

FWIW, I use Microsoft ICE for my panos any more when I do them (its free, and intuitive, and beats the daylights out of photoshop as far as results go), and ICE lets you switch on the fly if I rememeber right to compare the results before you actually do the final process on them.
Yeah....you are right..the sample they use is distant shot and he did not use wide angle lens.
so it depends..ok I will try distant shot next time and see how it works