Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Slideshow makers

Does anyone have experience with 'slideshow making' software?

Ive been using powerpoint, but having real hassles converting files to AVI or MPEG for the net with my sound coming through OK and in the correct timing. Basically looking at software that can have manual (or automatic setting, 6 or 7 seconds etc) slide conversion timing and music, as well as retain good image quality, can be made into video files for the net, and also not just have the images coming up as single flat images. I really need them to be very slowly panning across or zooming out as they are viewed.

Hope that makes sense, thanks for any help.

08-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
An exmaple of what I've done with a good, but slightly limiting piece of freeware, 'Magix'.

Camus Wyatt: Photographs | The City by the Sea: Video

Just limiting in terms of choosing the extent of the image shown and the zoom/pan points.
08-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
ASa

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried Prezi? It's a while since I've last used it so they might have added panning to it. If not, I think you can overcome these issues with different approach..?
Also your presentations will be always online so no need to convert them as videos.
08-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Try Proshow Gold. Reasonable price, many input and output options.

08-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I use Photostage Slideshow and have found it quite easy with both photos and sound and with excellent results.. It is not free but well worth a look.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/slideshow/index.html?ns=true

** I notice there is a free version for home use, which does not expire.
08-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Picasa. It's free and very easy to use and does the pan and zoom transitions, among others. Choice of file sizes for the output too.
Simply select the folder or jpegs you want to turn into a movie, then select the music file. Can choose a few options to fit the slides to the music.
08-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mdave13 Quote
Try Proshow Gold. Reasonable price, many input and output options.
This one... I think it is the best one I've used. I've tried Magix and a few other software, but for using straight up photos and music, Proshow seems best. More current versions allow HD output for Youtube, BluRay, DVD's, etc. It'll put out as good of quality as you want.

Powerpoint is ok for what it is meant for... presentations.

Some movie editing software can do ok, too... but you definitely have to start thinking in a more dynamic way if you go that route.

08-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I use Proshow Producer (an upgrade from Gold) - best damn software I have ever used. It's like Photoshop for me - there is a steep learning curve if you want to learn it all , but it's also very easy to use to do what you want to do. There are lots of plugins and third party templates as well. It's not cheap , and Gold may be just as good but I have used a lot of them and been frustrated with almost every one until I found Producer.

Proshow Producer would meet all your needs. You do have to aware it will scale your photo's (it's a good idea to do that) - having 15mb jpg's just slows the whole creation process down and does not offer any advantages.